PDA

View Full Version : Just got terrified after reading something on here :(

ReissG
09-01-13, 02:57
Someone said they have been getting mouth ulcers for 4 months.

Since about 2 months ago I've had 2 minor ulcers and one big on on my lip, very painful, they have gone away though.

I thought oral cancer was only a possibility if the ulcer didn't heal? my ulcers have grown, then healed, then another one pop up.

---------- Post added at 02:57 ---------- Previous post was at 02:53 ----------

I've been under so much stress and anxiety in that general area, I had a blood test and the results came back perfect.

Anxious_gal
09-01-13, 03:48
I'm pretty certain if it was oral cancer they wouldn't heal, but they've got away and happened to come back. But it's winter so your immune system will be slightly lower.

Hypo
09-01-13, 08:50
Oral cancer doesn't heal and pop up in other places.

They are just ulcers :) Horrid things but very common and harmless :)

Elle-Kay
09-01-13, 10:16
I had a recurring ulcer between September and December. Thankfully it hasn't been back in a couple of weeks, so I'm hoping it's finally gone (touch wood). It would pop up, hang around for a day or so, then go away again each time. Personally I discovered a very strong link to how stressed & run-down I was feeling. For instance: on the day after Boxing Day something happened which made me feel very stressed & upset. Within 10 minutes of that happening the mouth ulcer reappeared, and then the next morning when I woke up feeling calmer it had gone again without any intervention from me. I don't believe that this is a coincidence.