PDA

View Full Version : Eek, scared to fall asleep again now!!

Orange Lightning
09-01-13, 06:31
This will be a short post as I am typing on.a phone. Earlier this morning I was woken up by a heavy numb left arm and mild chest pain/pressure. I developed nausea and a cold underarm but it faded after an hour. Half an hour later, and now it's back and a lot worse. The pain in my arm is achy and sharp, I'm sweating, short of breath, my chest/throat is burning and my lower back is pulsing. I'm even feeling faint when I stand and getting those weird feelings like my heart is 'dropping' in my chest.

Sorry to vent so early in the day but I'm worried I just had a heart attack and that I won't wake up if I fall asleep, even if just for an hour.

MidnightCalm
09-01-13, 07:28
I doubt you had a heart attack, you'd know if you did :) Try not to worry about that as it will only prolong the feelings you're having, I think.
I've awoke with many symptoms throughout my anxious life, pains, sweats, pins and needs, burning, nausea. You name it, I've had it.
Anxiety is still present when we sleep, I've woke myself up in panic attacks in my sleep so maybe it's that.
Maybe you slept on your arm strange and your muscles are just hurting/pressured? I know that when I awake with weird feelings like that I also feel nauseous and that could be because it's scaring you.
How are you feeling now?

Orange Lightning
09-01-13, 08:27
Not good I'm.afraid, I'm out of sorts in my head, very short of breath too. Seeing a doctor this morning because there was a brief periid of 5 seconds where I couldn't breath or talk, and my chest felt like someone had placed their foot on me and was pressing down.