PDA

View Full Version : Obsessional Thoughts Whilst in Blip:(

jackie13
09-01-13, 12:04
Hi there

As you will see from my previous posts I have been suffering a blip or something since New Years Eve.

I have deep seated issues around Xmas time and I also had a call from the police on New Years Day to go and see my friend who had totally lost it and taken loads of tabs she is ok now though and looks really chipper!

I then had a spell in A&E on Saturday after starting antibiotics which they chaned. Plodded on ntil Monday at work where I could not control my anxiety and went down to the Docs. She upped my Cit to 30mg and referred me. I have been taking my upped dose since yesterday morning, feeling a little better but these bloody thoughts are driving me mad.

I keep thinking I will hurt my dogs, husband or myself and it stressing me out, making me bloody anxious! I also feel I am not going to get better! I am into my blip over a week now, I have been practising my CBT on these thoughts but they are really stressing me are they ever gonna go?

Jackie xx

---------- Post added at 12:04 ---------- Previous post was at 11:04 ----------

Hi Guys

I understand the anxiety/panic cycle but why are these thoughts overwhelming, they are the things that bring on my anxiety and panic:(

I suppose I am looking for reassurance that these thoughts will stop? I am practising my CBT but today they are in my head constantly!

Big hugs please xx

Col
09-01-13, 13:23
Hi Jackie, they are awful these sorts of thoughts.

They will pass, honestly!!!!!! Mine were shocking, I mean shocking, they were there for weeks, then just go when I'd leat expect them too.

Try destruction don't fight them, think ok that's silly and carry on as normal. Assure you they will pass, but I know they just want to make you scream.

jackie13
09-01-13, 13:36
Hi Col

Thanks for replying and your positive words.

The thing is I function well go to work everyday, see friends etc but when this anxiety gets hold of me I feel terrible as we all do. At the moment I wake up with bad anxiety think it's this blip, I take my dogs out for an hour and my mind whirs about thoughts of never getting better, hurting my dogs and hubby, scared I don't want hubby anymore, these are terrible feel I am going mad with them!

Jackie x

clarisse
09-01-13, 14:00
Hello jackie. These thoughts are normal and are called intrusive thoughts.They often take the form in such a way, you feel ashamed and scared, you will act on them.You wont and they will pass.
Often increases of medication,will increase your anxiety.These thoughts are created by Anxiety.Once your medication has reached its stable period,about 4-6weeks you will find these thoughts no longer intrude your mind.
Until then just try to accept them, as the more attention you give them and react to them,the longer and worse they get.
They will pass. I promise.

clarisse

jackie13
09-01-13, 14:33
Hi Clarisse

Thanks for your post and reassurance. I have contacted a private CBT therapist in Milton Keynes where I live, I also need to speak to someone about a few issues.

Jackie xx

Arnie365
09-01-13, 19:42
hi jackie every time you get negative thoughts do your cbt. think of it as good practice and the more the merrier. the more you practice the quicker your mind will be at doing it for you. in only a few weeks of cbt im already blocking most negative thoughts or they pop up but my rational thought takes over before i have time for the panic to kick in. theres obviously the exception which slips through but when it does i do my cbt!

jackie13
09-01-13, 20:19
Hi Arnie

Thanks for your reply and support. I am reading it now, it makes sense totally just putting it into practise. My meds were also put up yesterday so that doesn't help, if I didn't get the thoughts I would get the anxiety:)

Jackie xx