PDA

View Full Version : I can't help myself...

LittleSongbird
09-01-13, 14:18
Hi everybody,

I'm a 21 years-old girl from Vietnam. Today I'd suffered from a panic attack (for 5 minutes?), and I have to say that it's not the first time I am in that situation. I really need your help to get out of this "nightmare" :(

Well, since I was 10 years old, one day, I suddenly felt shortage of breath, rapid heart beat, scared and it had a heat flows through my body. My parents took me to the hospital and the doctor said that I was autonomic nervous system disorder. My blood test and pressure was normal, also ECG. Since that day, sometimes I'd suffered from that kind of symptoms (fast heart beat, dizziness, anxiety and very scared). But it's still in control.

Two months ago after I finished my breakfast with my friends for 15 minutes, it started again. But by that time I felt it was more serious, my heart beat could (possibly) be around 180. I was scared to death, ran around and shouted "Help! I cant even breath" also deep down in my mind I knew it was panic attack, I did not feel good and seemed to collapse. Then my friends called taxi and took me to the nearby hospital. Again, all the test were ok, the doctors said that I was only lack of vitamins and minerals. Then I just had to take some pills. But since that day, I never go back to normal again.

After eat breakfast, lunch, or dinner - If I was in a good mood, I would be okay, but if it's not: my heart beats fast (again), scared, my hands and feet turn cold, uncomfortable feeling and dizziness. My boyfriend told me that it was only my imagination but even I know it is true, I still be in that situation once or twice a day. Then the illness is getting worse: I ride my motorbike alone - I'm scared and rapid heart beat, go upstair, or even go to toilet to take a bath or something, before an exam, or even going out... Just because I'm too scared that nobody beside to help me, and I fear that it will happens again. And today, it does.

It's an awkward moment when you have a panic attack, you scared and stop the motorbike, you run into stranger's house and call for help... I don't want to be in that kind of situation anymore, I can't think about other things to distract it. I went to the hospital again and this time doctor said that I was anxiety disorder. I took 2 Dogmatil pills a day but It's still staying the same. I can't do anything without thinking of it :unsure:

P.S: Sometimes, my boyfriend tried to shout at me angrily to distract me and the panics were gone. I think it is just the matter of mind. But I don't know how to win it. I know that those symptoms are safe and not dangerous, but it still scare the **** out of me each time. Please, tell me what to do each time I have panic attack or anxiety disorder. I have not gone to any therapist or psychologist yet.

jackie13
09-01-13, 14:30
Hi hun

So sorry that you feel so bad:(

Firstly I think you should make an appointment straight away to go and see your GP, tell them everything. I don't understand why the Doc at hospital diagnosed you with Anxiety Disorder without your full medical history.

In my opinion they do sound like panic attacks bought on by your fear of a racing heart.

Big hugs
Xx

LittleSongbird
09-01-13, 14:46
Hi hun

So sorry that you feel so bad:(

Firstly I think you should make an appointment straight away to go and see your GP, tell them everything. I don't understand why the Doc at hospital diagnosed you with Anxiety Disorder without your full medical history.

In my opinion they do sound like panic attacks bought on by your fear of a racing heart.

Big hugs
Xx

My personal characteristic is also the cause of panic attack. I'm a kind of emotional person, easy to be agitated, hot-tempered and tend to worry about things. I'm not an independent person, because my parents always look after me until now, so I think the "cannot control myself" situation is the thing I have to learn because of my dependent on parents (that's my boyfriend said to me)

Could you give my some advice before, during and after a panic attack? What I have to do to be happy everyday without thinking of it, and If I have a panic attack, what should I do, count to 100 or something? Or sit in a place and do nothing? I just don't know... I cant focus anything but the panic alone, and not able to do anything.

Thank you for your response :X

jackie13
09-01-13, 16:25
Hi Hun

Download CBT4Panic from this site it is great for help and it works.

They say do nothing except simply go with the panic, when you realise it cant hurt you the feelings will eventually fade. I know its difficult but it does work.

Jackie xx

LittleSongbird
10-01-13, 07:59
Hi Hun

Download CBT4Panic from this site it is great for help and it works.

They say do nothing except simply go with the panic, when you realise it cant hurt you the feelings will eventually fade. I know its difficult but it does work.

Jackie xx

Could you give me the link, please?

Today I'd suffered another panic attack but I tried to breath in for 3 seconds, stop 3 seconds, then breath out for 3 seconds, again stop 3 seconds (before that I went to a psychologist who told me that steps) and IT WORKS. My heart beats slower.

But the thing I have to deal is daily works such as riding, eating and going to the toilet. It happens again and again, and I don't know how to stop. Before I do such things, I always "expect" or think about that happens again, so it appears.

Thanks in advanced xX

LittleSongbird
13-01-13, 07:01
I have received message from Robin himself so I've started reading and practicing immediately.

Thank you for helping me here

Linh xX