PDA

View Full Version : citalopram to fluoxetine swap . please help me

bertone902
09-01-13, 16:14
hi im currently swapping from 20mg citalopram to 20mg fluoxetine afyer the citalopram seemed to stop working for me after a while and I had unbearable dizzyness and was like a zombie. now ive taken my 4th fluoxetine ive been getting gradually worse again I feel really dizzy and tired . any help would me very much appreciated
andy

Princess2206
09-01-13, 16:23
Hi Andy, they are normal side effects of fluoxetine and I know how you feel and it is no nice. Fluoxetine works quiet slow and you have to be patient. It is my 31 st day and as much as I feel better than week 1-3 I still suffer some side effects. There is lots of people on this forum which are great support. Why do you need to take AD?

Maddis mum
09-01-13, 22:58
Hi Andy, how did you do the cross over? It could also be withdrawals at the moment too.

Penguin80
16-01-13, 16:48
Hi Andy

I was on seroxat for 9 years and due to wanting a child had to try to get off it. I had major crashes bnd so was swapped onto citalopram last Summer. However this did not work for me and so I swapped to fluoxetine 6 weeks ago. I have had really bad withdrawal effects from seroxat which I still have now. When I first went on fluoxetine 20mg I had dizziness, nausea and numb left arm for 2 weeks. Then I was increased to 30mg and over the past 4 weeks my effects have got worse. Lack of appetite, nausea and uncontrollable shakiness. I completely understand where you are at. I have just been increased to 40mg with 4mg diazepam 2 times a day if I need them. Don't give up - I know where you are coming from and can say today has been a better day than the last 5 days. Just hope I have turned a corner. Keep strong x