PDA

View Full Version : Magic symptoms!

panic12
09-01-13, 18:07
I don't know about everyone else but when ever I'm worrying about a certain illness, and then I read a new symptom that I never had before, magically I now have that new symptom. Does this happen to anyone???

Baggs
09-01-13, 18:29
There is a splendid post about this very subject, will find the link for you

panic12
09-01-13, 18:45
Oh thank you so much!

Arnie365
09-01-13, 18:51
Classic health anxiety I'm afraid! If you can tap into your rational mind though it should give you the assurance nothing is wrong with you other than health anxiety. Symptoms changing and moving to other illnesses is the biggest clue it's anxiety.

I've tried nearly every symptom there is but as my fear is a heart attack my anxiety sticks with chest pains as a way of getting at me. The others didn't bother me at all and do you know what, I never had them again. Just always the chest pains!

Baggs
09-01-13, 18:59
http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=126234

sarahsarah
09-01-13, 20:00
All the time.

Recently, I read (on some health site i had googled) about some symptoms of kidney disease and over the next day or so thought I had developed all of them. These were symptoms of end- stage kidney failure when patients had missed dialysis etc yet I thought that even though I felt perfectly well in all other respects, perhaps I really did have severe kidney failure.

It helps me to imagine a friend has told me about their symptoms and fears and think about what I would say to reassure them. If someone told me that they believed they had kidney failure because their ankles had swollen (after several days of all day, every day on their feet), I would certainly think they were overreacting. I then try, not always successfully, to apply the advice to myself.

But anyway, what you're doing here is very common among HA sufferers xxx

panic12
09-01-13, 20:36
Thanks everyone and arnie I totally agree I went from having heart failure to having MS to have parkinsons disease to having a brain tumour. Either it's HA or I'm one unlucky guy