PDA

View Full Version : Hi I'm new to No more panick and need help!

Jordwalker
09-01-13, 19:18
Hi I'm Jordan, I am a 21 year old male an I always think the worst in everything and always feel my health is at its worst or that I have something serious I.e cancer. This makes me not eat due to worry and stress and therefore makes me lose weight and then worry about weight loss. I eat once a day. I also have extreme tiredness and fatigue. Dizziness and sometimes blurred vision. Sometimes stomach pain. Can anyone relate to these last few symptoms? I also have been to a doctor 4 times in a week out of worry and each time I came back with nothing wrong with me but I can't shake the feeling that there is and it's getting me down :( I know I should trust the doctor but my anxiety gets the better of me Help would be appreciated thank you!:weep:

fruity
09-01-13, 19:46
Hi I'm Jordan, I am a 21 year old male an I always think the worst in everything and always feel my health is at its worst or that I have something serious I.e cancer. This makes me not eat due to worry and stress and therefore makes me lose weight and then worry about weight loss. I eat once a day. I also have extreme tiredness and fatigue. Dizziness and sometimes blurred vision. Sometimes stomach pain. Can anyone relate to these last few symptoms? I also have been to a doctor 4 times in a week out of worry and each time I came back with nothing wrong with me but I can't shake the feeling that there is and it's getting me down :( I know I should trust the doctor but my anxiety gets the better of me Help would be appreciated thank you!:weep:
hello jordan. welcome you will get good replies here. i do. & yes i have all those symptoms/sensations you said & more. i suffer health anxiety too. if u want to post anythin big or small i will always post back asap!

Annie0904
09-01-13, 19:48
I get the same symptoms with anxiety. Are you on any medication or have you had any counselling?

Jordwalker
09-01-13, 19:52
Thank you for your reply it meant so much! I havent really been able to talk to anyone so I've been feeling worse! I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one that has these feelings and symptoms. The headaches have started to bother me because they have only come on recently and I don't know what's causing them. I also have a dry mouth a lot of the time and have to rehydrate. What could be causing these things? I am on haloperidol 500microgram.

sarahsarah
09-01-13, 19:52
If I ate once a day, I would get the same symptoms as you too. No wonder you feel rotten. Nothing is better for my HA than some good wholesome, healthy food and a nice bit of exercise. Just getting out of the house for a stroll helps enormously.

I too worry about cancer a lot but I also have moments of clarity where I realise I am being irrational. Sometimes these clear moments last for weeks, sometimes just a few minutes at a time, but without these periods of being HA- free, I am not sure how I would cope. Full-on HA must be unbelievably difficult.

This site has really helped me and I hope it will help you too xxx

Baggs
09-01-13, 19:53
Welcome to the site. I hope you find as much help as I have. I wish you all the best.

Baggs

Jordwalker
09-01-13, 19:58
If I ate once a day, I would get the same symptoms as you too. No wonder you feel rotten. Nothing is better for my HA than some good wholesome, healthy food and a nice bit of exercise. Just getting out of the house for a stroll helps enormously.

I too worry about cancer a lot but I also have moments of clarity where I realise I am being irrational. Sometimes these clear moments last for weeks, sometimes just a few minutes at a time, but without these periods of being HA- free, I am not sure how I would cope. Full-on HA must be unbelievably difficult.

This site has really helped me and I hope it will help you too xxx

Thanks for that lovely reply! I find it hard to cope because I don't like being a burden on anyone and I often find I hav noone to talk to and I have to deal with everything on my own. Thanks for your kindness xxx

---------- Post added at 19:57 ---------- Previous post was at 19:56 ----------

I get the same symptoms with anxiety. Are you on any medication or have you had any counselling?

Hi I'm on haloperidol 500microgram and I don't know where to go for therapy :(

---------- Post added at 19:58 ---------- Previous post was at 19:57 ----------

hello jordan. welcome you will get good replies here. i do. & yes i have all those symptoms/sensations you said & more. i suffer health anxiety too. if u want to post anythin big or small i will always post back asap!

Thank you for your reply it meant so much! I havent really been able to talk to anyone so I've been feeling worse! I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one that has these feelings and symptoms. The headaches have started to bother me because they have only come on recently and I don't know what's causing them. I also have a dry mouth a lot of the time and have to rehydrate. What could be causing these things? I am on haloperidol 500microgram.

fruity
09-01-13, 22:04
Thanks for that lovely reply! I find it hard to cope because I don't like being a burden on anyone and I often find I hav noone to talk to and I have to deal with everything on my own. Thanks for your kindness xxx

---------- Post added at 19:57 ---------- Previous post was at 19:56 ----------

Hi I'm on haloperidol 500microgram and I don't know where to go for therapy :(

---------- Post added at 19:58 ---------- Previous post was at 19:57 ----------

hey jordan hope u are ok. it,s stress & anxiety causing your headaches. my breathing feels weird at the moment. xxxxxxx

Annie0904
09-01-13, 22:07
Your doctor should be able to refer you for therapy.

DubPeace
09-01-13, 22:50
Hi and welcome to the site.
I'm also new here on the site and a 21yo male. Although it is too early to tell if I have health anxiety (had my first, and hopefully last, panic attack a bit under 3 months ago), I have suffered from depression since childhood.

During my first panic attack I had those same symptoms, among others, and obviously enough I was also convinced I had cancer, HIV or was gonna have an heart attack (still not sure if the thought/anxiety of having the diseases caused the symptoms or the other way around).

The constant tiredness and extreme fatigue is really hard to live with. The fact that tiredness brings forth negative thoughts, and thinking patterns often reflect the way you feel (fatigue), doesn't make it any easier.

I also had a really hard time eating during my panic attack, I kept feeling nauseous and thought I was gonna throw up when I tried to eat regular food, bread etc. But I found that fruits and vegetables helped a lot!

And for that headache you mentioned there are numerous possible causes:
- Dehydration. When drinking too much, the kidneys can't process it all and has to let it straight through without re-hydrating you properly. If I remember correctly, don't quote me on this one.
- Lack of good quality sleep. I don't know about you, but I have really hard time sleeping well (or at all for that matter) when anxious/depressed.
- Not eating enough is also really common to cause headaches
- And just thinking/stressing too much.

The best way that I know of to deal with depression and anxiety is to just keep active, avoid sitting still for too long. Simply moving around and getting fresh air helps a lot to calm down, having a friend with you is even better.

Distracting yourself is also a common way to deal with anxiety, but for me it only works as a short term solution.
I found it to work much better to spend time on a hobby of some kind that you truly enjoy. For me that hobby is sports/movement. So just doing some light conditioning (I have a bad knee injury atm, so I can't train properly) really helped to raise my spirit.

So yeah, best of luck and hope you'll be feeling better soon!

Justinf
09-01-13, 23:30
Please don't suffer in silence. Post here as much as you like.
Explain your feelings to your doctor and he/she should give you a referral. If they don't, find another doctor. It's your money and you are paying them.
I think you would benefit greatly from some counselling, whether that be a pyshcologist or a psychiatrist. There's no shame or weakness in getting professional help for what you are going through. Believe me, I know what you are going through. The one thing I cannot stress enough to you, is don't suffer in silence.