PDA

View Full Version : how long with little food

spottitchsam
09-01-13, 19:47
how long can you go without seeking help.I had 2 eggs 4mushrooms and slice of toast for breakfast yesterday and 4oz of potato and 4 oz baked beans with strawberries for lunch and that . is all I did have to eat.today . was no better I had 1/2 portion of porridge with banana on top.and lunch was small piece of haddock,tomato,4mushrooms.I will not be having anything else to eat today.I'm not hungry and when I eat my throat seems to close,I'm also having problems swallowing my pills.I have been drinking up to 4 pints of water throughout the day and night
hugs x

Annie0904
09-01-13, 19:53
You have eaten more than I was able to when my anxiety was at its worse. Like I said in your other posts, concentrate on the positives of what you did eat. Just try to eat small amounts more often. Try to drink fruit juice and milk or smoothies. x

spottitchsam
09-01-13, 20:03
You have eaten more than I was able to when my anxiety was at its worse. Like I said in your other posts, concentrate on the positives of what you did eat. Just try to eat small amounts more often. Try to drink fruit juice and milk or smoothies. x

thanks Annie it's nice to know that I have not got a problem with eating very little.I have just come off the Cambridge diet which I was on for 4 1/2 months I did loose 4 1/2 stones.I could not stomach tea or coffee so it was plain water or powdered fruit flavour drink.take care x

Annie0904
09-01-13, 20:05
Do you like yogurts? The nurse told my husband to put his tablets in a spoonful of yogurt then wash it down with milk or water, he has no trouble taking them that way x

spottitchsam
09-01-13, 20:09
no but I do like tubs of custard so will give that a try.thanks x

lizzie29
09-01-13, 22:02
Also, what your are eating is very healthy, so that's good!

illgetthere
09-01-13, 23:14
That is loads of food so I wouldn't worry when I first started last year with my anxiety I probably ate 1 meal a week and that started a whole host of other symptoms so you stick with your eating and as much as you don't feel like eating please force it down
Love and best wishes vicky xx

Granny Primark
10-01-13, 02:34
I have recently gone weeks without any food due to anxiety. I couldnt even watch a cookery programme without feeling sick.Ive been drinking complan, fruit juice, eating fruit and taking multivitamins.
Gradually your appetite will come back I promise.
Best wishes. xx

spottitchsam
10-01-13, 10:33
morning guys,I'm so pleased I have found this site and all you lovely people.I am not so worried now. now I know that you are still here and you have only been eating such small amounts.hope we are in for a good day.x

Granny Primark
10-01-13, 18:13
We are all here to help one another Jean. So glad your finding this wonderful site and its members useful.:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

Annie0904
10-01-13, 18:24
I have recently gone weeks without any food due to anxiety. I couldnt even watch a cookery programme without feeling sick.Ive been drinking complan, fruit juice, eating fruit and taking multivitamins.
Gradually your appetite will come back I promise.
Best wishes. xx

I am so pleased I am not the only one, I couldn't watch any cookery programmes either. My neighbour brought meals over for me and I just sat and cried looking at it while she tried to persuade me to eat just a couple of fork fulls!