PDA

View Full Version : Eating with medication

frenchhorn92
09-01-13, 20:24
Sorry, another question!

Sounds a bit silly, but I was wondering if anyone has been advised to eat with their medication? I take trazadone at night right when I'm going to sleep, and I've been told eating something like a banana when I take them should help settle my stomach and stop me feeling sick after having them. (Feel sick a lot, especially after tablets as they make me extremely dizzy.) I'm terrified of being sick (I always have a plastic bag beside and in my bed and handbag, and towels on the floor every night just in case I wake up feeling unwell) so too scared to eat at night before sleeping. Has anyone else tried it and found it okay?

rcs
09-01-13, 20:57
Hi,
I take trazodone 50mg at night as well and there is conflicting info on eating before taking the medication as it seems to depend on what brand you are taking. Google the maufacturer or read the leaflet in the box if it has one. The most common advice i have seen is to eat before taking them as it helps the tablets to take effect, maybe your anxiety over taking tablets is making you feel sick but we all react differently to medication.

Take Care
Bob