PDA

View Full Version : increased amitriptyline

spottitchsam
09-01-13, 20:53
last 2 nights I have been taking 1 x25 mg but 2night and tomorrow I have to increase by 1 so it's 2 x25 mg and then from friday I will be on 3 x 25 mg each evening.that is the maximum I should be on.they are for the pain in my feet due to rheumatoid arthritis instead of me taking tramadol.and because it's a large dose it acts as a antidepressant as well.hopefully might be able to get more than 5-15 mins sessions of sleep.x

olderfella
10-01-13, 09:22
I found amitriptyline good for pain and anxiety but i was taking 170mg daily

spottitchsam
10-01-13, 10:22
I found amitriptyline good for pain and anxiety but i was taking 170mg daily

morning olderfella
thanks for reply.my final dose should be 75mg.how long have you been taking the amitriptyline.have a good day.x

olderfella
10-01-13, 18:21
Hi, i am no longer on amitriptyline but i was on it for over a year and it did work well,i only changed as i had added medicines of my own that reacted with the amitriptyline,i am currently on escitalopram and very steady at the mo,but the triptyline was good:)hope you doin ok.

spottitchsam
10-01-13, 19:17
Hi, i am no longer on amitriptyline but i was on it for over a year and it did work well,i only changed as i had added medicines of my own that reacted with the amitriptyline,i am currently on escitalopram and very steady at the mo,but the triptyline was good:)hope you doin ok.

hi olderfella can you remember how much doseage you were taking. out of 100% I feel 1%better.I just want this nightmare to go.all the best to you.