PDA

View Full Version : Tomorrow I Have To Face My Echocardiogram!

AuntieMoosie
10-01-13, 05:09
Oh dear oh dear, so tomorrow's the day for my echo :scared15: I already don't want to go :weep: It's keeping me awake tonight, can't get it out of my head. I've got the real colly wobbles already :wacko:

So I would be grateful for any hugs, support and comfort, something to will me along, I know I can do it, but I just don't want too :weep:

dottielottie
10-01-13, 05:25
:hugs: xxx

Arnie365
10-01-13, 05:38
Good luck auntiemoosie :hugs:

Tessar
10-01-13, 09:24
hugs coming your way; probably the worst part will be when they[ve done it & have to peel those things off you. i remember my partner having them a while back & i helped do the deed. anyway, thinking of you........ and hugs galore and let me know how easy they were to get off.:hugs::):unsure::flowers:

Elle-Kay
10-01-13, 10:24
As my husband would say to me: "You'll be fine" :)
I've had one and it's really nothing to worry about. As Tessar said the worst bit is peeling the sticky pads off! lol I actually found it quite fun, watching my heart rate on the little print-out :)

Annie0904
10-01-13, 10:30
Your husband sounds so much like mine Elle-Kay! Speaking of husband's mine has had a few Echocardiograms and I asked if I could pull the sticky bits off but only in the areas that had hairs underneath :roflmao: Will be thinking about you AuntieMoosie :hugs::hugs: xx

Arnie365
10-01-13, 10:52
[QUOTE=Annie0904;I asked if I could pull the sticky bits off but only in the areas that had hairs underneath [/QUOTE]

Hopefully auntiemoosie won't have too big a problem with this:D

Not sure if they are the same as with an ECG but when I had my first they were left on overnight. My wife enjoyed pulling them off for me especially my ankles!

Tessar
10-01-13, 11:37
Hopefully auntiemoosie won't have too big a problem with this:D

Not sure if they are the same as with an ECG but when I had my first they were left on overnight. My wife enjoyed pulling them off for me especially my ankles!
if only there was a "very funny" button.

panickyme
10-01-13, 12:04
Good luck Auntie, you really will be alright, I am a big baby, and I even made it through one of these. Best wishes, and many hugs. :hugs::hugs::hugs:

spottitchsam
10-01-13, 15:15
Oh dear oh dear, so tomorrow's the day for my echo :scared15: I already don't want to go :weep: It's keeping me awake tonight, can't get it out of my head. I've got the real colly wobbles already :wacko:

So I would be grateful for any hugs, support and comfort, something to will me along, I know I can do it, but I just don't want too :weep:

auntiemoosie sending lots of hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs.have you had one before.I had one done about 3 months ago and I was like you.but truely there is nothing to worry about.you lie down on the bed and they attached several sticky pads over your body/legs.after a few minutes it's all over.I got another one coming up 28th of January.my daughter is coming with me have you not got someone who can go with you.all the best x

AuntieMoosie
10-01-13, 16:09
Thank you so much everyone :)

It's not really the test that I'm bothered about, it's just the fact that I have to go to the hospital for it, I don't do hospitals I just can't bare the places. It's kind of funny in a way, but when we pull up in the car park there, my head is saying "go on, you'll be fine" but my legs seem to go on strike.....they don't want to move forward it's like they're saying "Noooooo get the hell out of here, I'm not moving!!!!!" :roflmao:

Annie0904
10-01-13, 16:16

It's not really the test that I'm bothered about, it's just the fact that I have to go to the hospital for it, I don't do hospitals I just can't bare the places. It's kind of funny in a way, but when we pull up in the car park there, my head is saying "go on, you'll be fine" but my legs seem to go on strike.....they don't want to move forward it's like they're saying "Noooooo get the hell out of here, I'm not moving!!!!!" :roflmao:
I am the same. I usually phone the consultants secretary to warn them about my anxiety and they usually whizz me past the waiting room part!

xtremx
10-01-13, 17:15
You'll be fine. I'm waitting for my appointment for my echo... But not looking forward to the cold jelly stuff they use.

Some have posted about the sticky pads thats an ecg is it not?

Tessar
10-01-13, 18:38
You'll be fine. I'm waitting for my appointment for my echo... But not looking forward to the cold jelly stuff they use.

Oh yeah xtremx i think u r rite! still, the thought of having to pull the little thingies off will hopefully give everyone a laugh (except anyone who has to have that done of course, but all meant in jest )

almamatters
10-01-13, 18:47
Good luck Auntiemoosie, :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

spottitchsam
10-01-13, 19:26

sorry your right,I'm getting confused because I had a ecg on new years day when I had the paramedic s out.but it was the echocardiogram I had a few months ago and its the same one I'm having repeated at the end of the month.x
what time is your appointment.

Elle-Kay
10-01-13, 19:27
I'm confused about which test you're having now, but I forgot to mention before: if it's an ECG, with the sticky pads, wear a non-underwired bra if you have one! I found out when I had to have an emergency ECG that underwires affect the transmission, so I had to go bra-less for the duration of the test, lol.

AuntieMoosie
10-01-13, 19:35
Thank you all :D It's all helping me what you're saying :D

Elle yes sorry it's got a bit confusing here.

It's an echocardiogram that I'm having done and not an ECG :) I know what you mean about the bra situation too......I had to go bra less when I had my ECG!! at least the blokes don't have to worry about that!! lol....and no doubt I'm be going bra less tomorrow too........at this rate I might as well go in for topless modelling :ohmy:.........perish the thought :roflmao:

Annie0904
10-01-13, 19:44
My husband had ECG and echocardiogram He said it is just a scan, they put the gel on then roll the 'thing' over and it is quite good watching it on the screen :D He had stents put in after his heart attack and watched that on the screen too :)

Tessar
10-01-13, 19:48
.at this rate I might as well go in for topless modelling :ohmy:.........perish the thought :roflmao:
There's money to be made in that.... It could be a new career!

spottitchsam
10-01-13, 20:51
auntiemoosie what time is your appointment tomorrow.sending lots of love for tomorrow and every day.x

AuntieMoosie
11-01-13, 11:17

Jean my appointments is at 4pm today hun :)

It's weird really, today I actually feel calmer than I did yesterday, I think I was over tired too yesterday, I went to bed at 8.30pm last night and that is way, way early for me, but it was good, even when I wasn't asleep I was just chilling to my music :)

Once again thank you :) :hugs:

Annie0904
11-01-13, 11:41
Thinking of you and sending lots of hugs :hugs::hugs: Let us know how it goes xxx

spottitchsam
11-01-13, 16:13

Jean my appointments is at 4pm today hun :)

It's weird really, today I actually feel calmer than I did yesterday, I think I was over tired too yesterday, I went to bed at 8.30pm last night and that is way, way early for me, but it was good, even when I wasn't asleep I was just chilling to my music :)

Once again thank you :) :hugs:

afternoon auntiemoosie,how are you feeling now.I think if we could just have a few hours of regular sleep things might be a bit better.sending lots of love and hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs.report back when you can.I will be thinking of you.x

---------- Post added at 16:13 ---------- Previous post was at 12:23 ----------

hi auntiemoosie,
by the time you read this you should have had you echocardiogram.hope everything went well for you.that's another notch on your belt.take care x

Col
11-01-13, 20:37
I posted on your daily quote thread and sent my wishes about this afternoon, hope you've gone on ok Auntie Moosie X

spottitchsam
28-01-13, 13:16

bringing this back up in case someone else is going to have a echocardiogram.I have just got back from the hospital and I can confirm it is both.well I did.I had to strip off to the waist and put the gown on.lie down on the couch I then had 3 sticky pads on my body,and jelly over my tummy and under my breast.then had the stick thing run over my body.hope I have cleared that up if you are going to have one done. it is painless and last for about 20 minutes.x

xtremx
15-02-13, 11:01
bringing this back up in case someone else is going to have a echocardiogram.I have just got back from the hospital and I can confirm it is both.well I did.I had to strip off to the waist and put the gown on.lie down on the couch I then had 3 sticky pads on my body,and jelly over my tummy and under my breast.then had the stick thing run over my body.hope I have cleared that up if you are going to have one done. it is painless and last for about 20 minutes.x

Hi yes I had the three sticky pads as well I was lead to believe that is an echocardiogram with doppler.

But which everyway it is yes it is a painless and over in around 20 mins.