PDA

View Full Version : Is it Normal? Advice Please

jackie13
10-01-13, 09:23
Morning!

Think I am gradually coming out of my blip, fingers crossed:)

However I feel down and depressed is this normal after a blip?

I did some more of my CBT last night, I feel a bit vulnerable feel scared that I will go backwards all of a sudden.

Could you please give me your thoughts.

Jackie xx

Arnie365
10-01-13, 10:29
Hi Jackie yes very normal for me. I think it because when you get the good days you begin to remember what it's like to feel 'normal' and then get yourself down after a blip. I'm always like this.

But keep your chin up, accept you will get setbacks and keep doing your cbt!

jackie13
10-01-13, 11:29
Hi Arnie

Thanks for your response, just trying to keep myself busy, moods change by the hour, do you think also that it's the up of meds?

Jackie x

Arnie365
10-01-13, 18:56
Could be but I wouldn't just assume its the meds. It does just happen.

Annie0904
10-01-13, 19:07
This happens to me also. I think anxiety exhausts you so much that you tend to get down and depressed for a while after the 'blip' :hugs:

Tessar
10-01-13, 19:56
Morning!

Think I am gradually coming out of my blip, fingers crossed:)

However I feel down and depressed is this normal after a blip?

I did some more of my CBT last night, I feel a bit vulnerable feel scared that I will go backwards all of a sudden.

Could you please give me your thoughts.

Jackie xx
Doing challenging things like CBT are triggering by their very nature so I would say being down is only natural especially coming out of a blip. Well Done for doing the CBT as well. Regarding going backwards, that's also a very natural reaction too. You may have ups and downs and feel fluctuations in your levels of coping, but overall you'll be learning all the way and the additional knowledge will stay with you to Be put to good use another day. It's very taxing all this CBT and the blips ......so be kind to yourself, keep up the good work and in time you will surprise yourself with progress that can be made