PDA

View Full Version : Panel interview invitation - nervous but excited!

Elle-Kay
10-01-13, 11:04
I've received an email this morning inviting me to a panel interview on 24th January for a graduate bursary scheme I've applied to. I have to make a 5 minute powerpoint presentation on my application, from which the panel will decide if it's viable to give me the funding. I'm really excited, because it could be the first step on the road to a new life for me, but obviously I'm very anxious too! It's all come along very quickly - I only found out about the scheme this week, but was told that if I didn't want to wait until September I would have to apply straight away and be prepared for the interview at the end of the month - so I haven't really managed to get my head around it all yet. I've made several presentations at University, most for longer than 5 minutes, and always got really good feedback so I know that I can do the actual presentation part, and that I can speak persuasively, but gosh: what a deep end to throw yourself into when you're suffering with anxiety! lol

Annie0904
10-01-13, 11:40
Great news and I know you can do it :yesyes: You are a strong lady (even you don't feel like it sometimes). :yahoo: xx

Angelai
10-01-13, 11:43
What a fantastic opportunity for you - well done for having the drive to even apply!

So, you know you can do it - and with it being so soon there just won't be time for the anxiety to take control! Go for it :D

Col
10-01-13, 11:56
Ahhhh Elle-Kay , I'm soo pleased and excited for you. Go for it.

Collette

Sparkle1984
10-01-13, 13:40
Well done, and good luck with the interview!:)

Elle-Kay
10-01-13, 14:34
Thanks guys :D I hope you all won't get bored of me posting about it (probably ever-more frequently) in the next two weeks! lol

Annie0904
10-01-13, 14:46
We won't get bored :) Excited for you :yahoo:

Edie
10-01-13, 18:47
Maybe it's for the best that it's short notice - less time to stress about it!

I hope it goes well. It sound like you have the skills and experience to make an excellent presentation. What an opportunity for you! But yeah, I do get how scary you feel about it too. I'm sorry the anxiety is making it feel so hard.

Good luck!!!

Arnie365
10-01-13, 18:51
Good for you. 5 minutes goes so quickly one you get into your stride.

I've had training for presentations in the past and the one main thing I learnt was when they recorded us and played it back. You don't sound or come across anywhere near as nervous as you feel in side so just keep going.

Good luck!

kittikat
10-01-13, 20:20
Great news Elle-Kay, I wish you the very best of luck :hugs: Kitti x