PDA

View Full Version : does yr Anxiety effect yr eating

trish1955
10-01-13, 12:18
hi just wanted to no if it is just me or do others suffers feel the same when my Anxiety high like it as been for near on a yr without much break i never feel hungry well thats not true my stomch says it hungry but in my chest and throat i feel sick at the thought of food i eat verey lightly and thats because i am light headed some times i only weigh 8stone as it is i hate being skinny but as soon as i have eaten feels likke my
Anxiety burns it straight off any way take care all trish

SuperStar457
10-01-13, 12:27
Hi

This is my first post and I was coming on here to post a question just like you asked.
Ive been suffering with anxiety for couple months now and I can honestly say I have never been so uninterested in food in all my life!
Im only eating because I have to, the thought of food is making me ill.
I dont think your alone

M x

trish1955
10-01-13, 12:37
thanks for yr reply even the thought of shopping for food is not good as i am not intrested in food at all either not that i go out shopping as i am agraphobic so online shopping is a blessing for me
the worse the Anxiety gets the less i want food take care trish

Annie0904
10-01-13, 12:45
When my anxiety is high I feel really nauseous and my appetite is badly affected. I just try to eat little healthy snacks more often. I have actually cried while eating as I have really not wanted to eat. What I do eat often goes straight through me as I am so anxious.

trish1955
10-01-13, 19:34
thank you annie for r reply dam anxiety you never know whats going to be next take care trish

Annie0904
10-01-13, 19:39
thank you annie for r reply dam anxiety you never know whats going to be next take care trish

I know, I was just saying to my husband it seems to be one thing after another!

Justmeuk
10-01-13, 22:43
Yep absolutely it effects my eating. Ive had a really bad patch which started on xmas eve with constant panic attacks. Ive been pretty much bed ridden since then, its been one of the worst episodes ive ever had. I think the anxiety is gradually startin to lift now but in the period from xmas even to now ive lots 10lbs in weight. I literally have gone days without eating as anxiety makes me sick n lose all interest in food.

All i can say is just eat what u can when u can but i know how incredibly diffixult it is xx

Kobey
11-01-13, 09:28
Yep, my appetite goes and I feel sick even at the thought of eating.