PDA

View Full Version : newbie here :)

tasha87
10-01-13, 14:02
Hi everyone

Just wanted to introduce myself, im quite new to all this stuff so please bear with me!

I am suffering from severe health anxiety for the last month, which I believe was brought on by a major panic attack... which was the first one ive ever experienced at 25 yo! Not sure what triggered it but it was the most frightening experience of my life..

Anyway multiple doc trips and an er trip later here I am. I have had extensive bloodwork done twice, chest xray, physicals, were ok except extremely high cortisol and prolactin levels which I will be retested for in a week or 2. Docs seem pretty unconcerned about it all but I have been on a roller coaster since this began.

I had temporary relief after discovering my bloods were ok and was fine for a few days but once a new pain presents itself I go back to being a nervous wreck. I still am having trouble accepting this is all stemming from anxiety as my symptoms are so physical, nausea, aches and pains in my muscle and joints shortness of breath, you name it ive had/have it.

I was prescribed valium originally but it was only providing temp relief so I have now been on zoloft for a week. It has not been pleasant. I have no appetite whatsoever, nausea (whats new) worst of all I feel like it has increased my anxiety. The mornings are the worst. I wake up in a state of panic. I try to sleep it off but that just worsens it in the long run I think.

Anyway im blabbing lol, hope to here from anyone with advice, share a story etc :)

Tash

nomorepanic
10-01-13, 14:12
Hi tasha87

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

Baggs
10-01-13, 16:01
Welcome to the site. I hope you find as much help as I have. I wish you all the best.

Baggs

tasha87
10-01-13, 16:53
Thanks Baggs :) I hope so too! :)

Mark13
10-01-13, 17:02
Hello Tash and welcome to the forum.

tasha87
10-01-13, 17:07
Thanks Mark, much appreciated :)