PDA

View Full Version : Anxiety over doctors appointment

Annie0904
10-01-13, 16:11
I have a doctors appointment at 5 pm today. I have been feeling so much better the past few weeks but now my anxiety levels are up again. Shaking, feeling sick etc. Don't know if it is because I am anxious about the appointment or anxious in case he says I have to go back to work. I wish I had got an early morning appointment then I wouldn't have had all day to get in this state. I also have my first intense psychotherapy session next Tuesday and an Occupational Health appointment next Wednesday. Too much going on for me again I think :weep:

xtremx
10-01-13, 17:18
Just seen the time 17:16 did your appointment go OK. I have a appointment on moday to see my new CPN.:)

ElizabethJane
10-01-13, 17:20
:hugs::hugs:Hi Annie my guess is that you will be in the doctors by now. I just wanted to send you some hugs. If you are not ready to go back to work then your GP will not force that? You might want to look forward to a date when you will possibly go back?. I was 'off sick' for a very long time and then medically retried from my job. It wasn't a pleasant experience but I had the full support of my GP. I now work part time doing something completely different!!! EJ

Annie0904
10-01-13, 17:46
I am back! Thank you EJ and xtemx. My doctor wants to see how I respond to the intense psychotherapy before he considers allowing me to return to work and has given me another note for 1 month so that is a relief to me. My doctor is so lovely. He just looks at me and smiles when I say I think I have being do a lot better as he knows I am still not ready. I started to cry when talking about going for my therapy. He said "you are upset just thinking about it now, so it is no good going back to work".

xtremx
10-01-13, 17:54
It sounds like you have a very understanding doctor. And at least you are going in the right direction!

:)

Annie0904
10-01-13, 17:57
It sounds like you have a very understanding doctor. And at least you are going in the right direction!

:)

I have an amazing doctor, he is so understanding. On my really bad days when I just cry non stop he comes out to visit me and I never feel that he is rushing me. Will have to try to keep myself calm now until my therapy next week :)

almamatters
10-01-13, 18:32
Hi Annie, only just seen your post, glad your appointment went well, you are lucky to have an understanding doctor, who is making sure you are well and truly ready for work before letting you return. :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

Annie0904
10-01-13, 18:37
Hi Annie, only just seen your post, glad your appointment went well, you are lucky to have an understanding doctor, who is making sure you are well and truly ready for work before letting you return. :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

Thank you, I can't tell you how much relieved I feel after visiting him tonight.

almamatters
10-01-13, 18:39
I'm glad you are feeling better now Annie xx

Edie
10-01-13, 18:39
So glad your appointment went well and you have a reprieve from work. It makes sense to try the therapy before returning to work. Maybe the therapist will be able to give you some idea of timescale after your first meeting and you can start working toward a return to work then.

Annie0904
10-01-13, 18:45
I was told the therapy will last 12 weeks but hope I can get back to work before then. I have been off since June and I don't think they will want to hold my job for much longer.

AuntieMoosie
10-01-13, 19:55
I'm so glad that your appointment went well for you Annie:)
It sure does make all the difference if you've got a nice and understanding doctor, that's half the battle won really.

Remember Annie, seek support, comfort and understanding from every which way you can once you start your therapy. If you get times when you think that you can't do it any more, just keep telling yourself that it will get better and you will gain so much from it in the end :)

I think it's good that your doctor has signed you off while you're having this done as it will give you all the time that you need to concentrate on yourself without having to worry about any distractions. This is one time in your life that you need to be totally selfish, and rightly too, it's your time Annie for you to think about "you" in order to help yourself heal hun :)

We'll all be here to help and support you, you'e going to be fine hun :) :hugs: :hugs:

Annie0904
10-01-13, 19:58
thank you so much Auntie Moosie. I know I have a lot of trauma to deal with but I know I need to deal with it so that I can put it behind me and stop having it affect my life so much. I have a wonderful husband now and I want time for us to be happy instead of me always being so anxious about everything. :hugs:

AuntieMoosie
10-01-13, 20:02
You will be happy Annie :) Just look on it as a new adventure and think of all the wonderful times you'll have once you're through it :) :hugs: :hugs:

Annie0904
10-01-13, 20:07
You will be happy Annie :) Just look on it as a new adventure and think of all the wonderful times you'll have once you're through it :) :hugs: :hugs:

I am trying to be positive about it. My hubby deserves a happier me than the me he has now. He has had 2 heart attacks, a prostate op and never worries about anything. My doctor said the time he has seen me the strongest was last year when I was so busy doing all the organising for my hubbies op. but I don't want him to have to be ill again for me to be strong :D :hugs: