PDA

View Full Version : Sorry for all the posts; confused about something!

Orange Lightning
10-01-13, 17:59
Hello again, sorry it seems all I do is complain eh? ^^; This is a bit more of a brief issue. I have been at work all day today; it's been very slow and I've had to stay standing all day, but when I was on a bus home, sitting down and listening to the radio, I suddenly began to experience palpatations. These continued for the whole journey, along with dizzy spells, and are continuing now that I've sat down again. I'm at a theatre for 2 hours tonight, and very worried they're going to happen there too. How come I get more palpatations when I'm supposed to be more relaxed? :scared15:

AylesburyCPFM
10-01-13, 18:03
Wow! If I have to be in my feet all day I'd get serious health issues, possibly palpitations or fainting... Have you spoken to your GP about this?

Orange Lightning
10-01-13, 18:07
Wow! If I have to be in my feet all day I'd get serious health issues, possibly palpitations or fainting... Have you spoken to your GP about this?

Not this particular issue and my next appointment isn't for a few weeks. :/

Annie0904
10-01-13, 18:07
Hello again, sorry it seems all I do is complain eh? ^^; This is a bit more of a brief issue. I have been at work all day today; it's been very slow and I've had to stay standing all day, but when I was on a bus home, sitting down and listening to the radio, I suddenly began to experience palpatations. These continued for the whole journey, along with dizzy spells, and are continuing now that I've sat down again. I'm at a theatre for 2 hours tonight, and very worried they're going to happen there too. How come I get more palpatations when I'm supposed to be more relaxed? :scared15:

When you sit down you have more time to think so the anxiety intensifies and causes the palpitations. When you are busy on your feet your mind will be mostly on other things. I hope you enjoy the theatre tonight. Visulise yourself there before you go, sitting in your seat, smiling and happy watching the show. This helps me when I am going somewhere. Hopefully the show will be so good you won't have time to think about being anxious :hugs:

Anxious_gal
10-01-13, 23:11
sometimes they happen for no reason, but if it's the first time it's good to tell your doctor about them.

a common trigger is changing positions, stand up to sitting down etc... changing potions can get them to stop sometimes too : )

AylesburyCPFM
11-01-13, 02:18
I wouldn't wait for your next appointment if this is a new thing, just call them and talk about it, most GP surgeries will give you the option of having a phone consultation or a last minute appointment...