PDA

View Full Version : What supplements etc do you use to relax?

KeepCalm&CarryOn
10-01-13, 19:27
Hi, I have trouble relaxing or switching off, seems like I'm constantly on edge or running things over and over in mind. As such I tend to suffer from spells of tight chest and ab muscles. I was just wondering what methods people use to relax, I don't just mean with supplements although I would love to hear of some suggestions for some, but I've also heard that stuff like bath salts or certain types of tea are helpful. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated, it feels like I'm driving myself mad sometimes just worrying.

Sparkle1984
10-01-13, 19:50
Welcome to the forums. :) Here are some things I have found helpful:
Rescue Remedy Spray (it's available in daytime and nightime versions)
Rescue Remedy chewing gum.
Berocca vitamin supplements (effervescent tablets).
Herbal tea such as camomile tea.

KeepCalm&CarryOn
10-01-13, 20:11
thanks for the reply and the welcome :)
I should have said the I'm taking Busy B vits from Holland & Barrett and they have really helped in stopping my everyday anxiety from forming into fully blown panic attacks, and I have tried the Rescue Remedy Pastilles but unfortunately they did nothing for me. I'll have to try the chamomile tea though, what does it taste like?

Anxious_gal
10-01-13, 22:28
Things with b12 are good for the nervous system, they are in baked beans, often added to soups and cereals.

Magnesium (I hear it's a natural relaxant), calcium and vitamin D. I take chewable ones as the tablet ones are too big for me to swallow. Actually I take kids chewable ones :)

I also take a multivitamin, one you mix with water and drink.

Oh and probiotics, I hear they are great for your tummy but also help with anxiety and depression. I just eat yogurts with them added in. I've not been able to find the tablet form but I figure they would be more alive in the yogurts anyways.

Oh and omega 3 is said to be pretty helpful too.

I find this balm to be really relaxing and like to keep a tin on me you can get them in health food shops. http://www.badgerbalm.com/p-393-sleep-balm.aspx

scents like lavender help, or any plesent scent, also studies sow you have nicer dreams if your room smells nice, so adding a drop or two of lavender or some essential oil to your pillow might help.

AuntieMoosie
11-01-13, 11:31
Hello and Welcome hun :welcome:

Well I don't actually take any supplements as a lot of my medication wont allow it, but I swear by Lavender for relaxation and de stressing :) I know it helps me so much, my home is filled with Lavender of some sort or another. I find just looking at it calming and there's no aroma like it for calming you :)

KeepCalm&CarryOn
13-01-13, 19:05
Just a quick update, I tried out a herbal tea from Yogi, the Calming one but it's just made my anxiety worse. Strangely it's also made my mood worse in that I feel really low and like i cant see any pint in life. It's ok I'm not going to do anything daft, I know it will pass, it's just that I haven't felt this bad mood wise for a very long time, I just want the day to be other tbh