PDA

View Full Version : Exercise make's symptoms worse

Nico
10-01-13, 20:46
I have recently gone back to doing rowing after little sport due to health anxiety fears and have been exercising hard, e.g. 20min ergs (rowing machine) and running a few miles with press ups etc. I find I can do it and just about finish the exercises, maybe a bit slower than pre anxiety but I feel like I am going to have a heart attack when I finish like heart palps, breathlesness, really dizzy and strange skin sensations like itchy and prickly feelings and pins and needles feelings in my feet which come and go. I also noticed my heart was pounding before I even began! My doc thinks I have anxiety due to fine blood test etc. does anyone else get these weird symptoms ??

PokerFace
10-01-13, 20:56
Yea I get this when I exercise too hard, nearly had my first panic attack in a year from physically pushing myself too hard the other day.

It sounds like classic over exertion to me, as I experienced it the other day. If you've been off exercise for a while, you won't be able to handle as much as you used too straight away without these feelings, and if you kept your exercise up over your anxiety (exactly the same), your body is just so sensitive to every feeling now, you notice the post exercise feelings more.

If you've had a break from exercise and are going back to it, try a less intense version of what you're used to and build it up because at the moment you're throwing yourself in at the deep end which is what is causing all these feelings.

Also, if you've over exerted yoursef after exercise, try eating a banana, it really helps! x

Nico
10-01-13, 21:04

Nico
11-01-13, 20:31
Thank you , I will :)