PDA

View Full Version : HEART HAS BEEN RACING SINCE YESTERDAY (please answer I'm desperate and worried) :(

circle
10-01-13, 21:37
Hi,

I am almost 18 and have been on propranolol for the past 5 months but am now withdrawing because of the HORRIBLE side effects.(and never want to take any med agian!!)

I began withdrawing on the 24th by reducing my dose following my doctors advice.

Basically, since yesterday morning My heart has been reallyyy racing at resting, I have a scary panicky feeling, feel nausea, slight chest uncomfort and dry mouth and have developed a horrible tremor affecting my hands.

I'm soo scared, I keep thinking something terribles going to happen. I've had ECGs in the past few months and theyve come back healthy.

Is my heart racing due to panic or is something bad happening??

PLEASEEE i'm sooo desperate and scared.:weep::weep::weep::weep::weep:

FeatherHead
10-01-13, 22:04
Hi circle, Racing heart is very scary but otherwise harmless as long as you're healthy. I reckon it's your anxiety acting up and also the effects of lowering your propranolol dose. What strength are taking now? I carry with me 40mg tablets that I take just every now and then if I feel panicky, they do seem to work and because I don't take them often I don't feel any side effects. What side effects did you have? Try to relax and don't worry, the nausea will be through worrying too, I get it a lot and find it my worst symptom of anxiety. You might be withdrawing too fast from your tablets, if you are getting very worked up it might be worth just taking a small dose whilst you try and calm yourself. Take some deep breaths and relax, you won't always feel this bad :bighug1:

sunday
10-01-13, 22:06
Hi,

i have heard eating or drinking something cold - like icecream, really helps a racing heart. i also down a cold glass of water xxx