PDA

View Full Version : panic vs mad womans rage

grace
14-06-04, 14:23
i dont think this is a success story as such, but anyway i was in the car the other night dropping my husband off at work. as i was driving home i (without thinking) took the bypass way (very scary). halfway home i realised where i was, you know a big road with no side streets to pull off into, and started to get scared,i just got so angry at myself for being such a baby and thought 'thats it,just **** off panic,i'm only five minutes from home' it must have been cos i was so angry and fed up of being like this that it went and i was ok.
i can only think that my anger at the time was a more powerful emotion than the panic
what do you all think? has this happend to anyone else?

xxx grace

Meg
14-06-04, 14:46
The JFDI ( Just Do It ) attitude got me back on my feet several times after disappointments and blips.

Meg

pips
14-06-04, 23:15
Well done Grace,

I know exactly how you feel! I have often told it where to go!

For instance I started panicking the other night in bed as it was my first night back of holiday and sleeping in at work! Also I had my last session with my telephone mentoring the next day so my head started whirling and panicking. Anyway I said to my brain just pack it in who do you think you are taking over my mind and making me feel like this! So just lots of beeps! off!!! LOL. It was werid all of a sudden I felt calmer ok it hadn't totally left me I still felt shaky etc.. but it didn't lead to a full blown P/A! I had taken some Rescue Remedy so not sure if I had felt ok if I hadn't taken that?

Anway I do understand. Lets hope this works more often fingers crossed hey Grace!

I hope you are well

Take care

Love PIP'S XX

grace
14-06-04, 23:36
meg,
i like that 'jfdi', i think it needs putting up on the wall where i will see it everyday

pip's,
maybe it was a combination of the two, but really if we create our own panic it stands to reason we should be able to get rid of it aswell. yes fingers crossed :)

xxx grace

Meg
15-06-04, 13:07
I had it in the car , on the fridge , in the bathroom , in my work bag,

along with some gentler helpful quotes and tips to get through the difficult time.

Its better to be gentle on yourself overall during your revovery but JFDI ing did get me through the walls of fear on many occassions .

Meg

'There can only be true courage when first there is genuine fear'

Dr.David Livingstone