PDA

View Full Version : I'm starting to freak!

heather1
11-01-13, 08:33
Hi all.... A few months ago I was prodding and poking my glands in my neck... And felt what was like a pea sized lump on my left side, and after feeling my right side I had the same thing just not quite feelable. But now I'm thinking it's got worse and feel not pain but something in the left side. I've been quite stressed and not sure if this is making it worse or think it is worse but I'm gong to start freaking again like I did when I felt it. Almost in a panic about it. Could anyone advise me or has anyone else had this in to scared to go to gp for fear.

Hypo
11-01-13, 08:46
I don't know much about glands, except that they can swell when you are trying to fight an infection. I think prodding them is going to make worse. Remember, the more you feel something the more we can imagine it being bigger and worse than it is in reality. The nature of compulsive checking.

I just wanted to say that I understand your fear of seeing a GP BUT please try thinking about it logically for a moment. You can either be fearful for the day and then have your mind put at rest or you can continue to panic for days on end.

I have a phobia of a dentist. I hate going, but I know it's either go and get it over with or spend days in fear of what they might find.

I am sure you are fine, but you are now living in fear aren't you? so why not try to brave through it and go put your mind at rest so you can hopefully stop worrying so much?

Courage isn't about NOT being scared, it is about being scared but doing it anyway. You CAN do it.

I am not saying for one moment that I think you need to rush to the GP or anything, but you can't not see your GP out of fear, you have to try to push through it. I know how hard it is :( I really really do, but you owe it to yourself to go get some reassurance from your GP so you can start to leave this fear behind :hugs:

Pampas07
11-01-13, 09:15
Sorry to post and run but the more you poke and prod it the more agitated it will become and swell up so try and sit on your hands for a day and see what is like xxx

hanshan
11-01-13, 09:24
First of all, it's 99.999% likely to be nothing to be worried about.

But more importantly, wherever you are, you need to establish a good relationship with a GP you can talk to and you feel understands you. This means going to see them from time to time, even when it's nothing serious.