PDA

View Full Version : new and unable to cope

Pampas07
11-01-13, 09:11
Hi
I have only had 4 panic attacks (sessions) and each time they repeat over and over for between 12-34 hours. I have considered taking myself to the local pysciatic unit. Each time my trigger has been pain or illness. They started when I had my youngest and I had kidney problems which was very painful.

I just can't live like this, I feel like a burden on my family. I have 3 children 2, 10 and 14. And I have to look myself b away from them so they are spared crazy mummy!

I had another bout of there last night through from the night before. My mum layed next to me all night bless her.

They have given me zopiclone to help me sleep and escitalopram 10mg

Is there a cure for this terrible affliction?

I hate it!!

nomorepanic
11-01-13, 09:22
Hi Pampas07

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

Mark13
11-01-13, 21:59
Hello and welcome to the site.

For those of us who have chronic anxiety (GAD) it can be simply a matter of managing the problem with counseling and / or medication.

However if you don't have a history of stress-related illness I'm sure there's every chance of recovery (IMHO).

The information on this site should help to understand your problem and the treatment options that may be available.

Annie0904
11-01-13, 22:13
Like Mark said, we can learn to manage the anxiety. Have you had any therapy? Maybe your doctor could refer you for Cognitive Behaviour Therapy if you ask about it. Sending you hugs :hugs: xx