PDA

View Full Version : the end not in sight

potts1
30-08-06, 07:56
hello i suffered with anxiety and panic 3 years ago and had the 24 hour ecg and about 6 months later was better this time however im really scared they put me on citalopam 40 mg a day and 5 to 10 mg of beta blocker when needed had a ecg at doc was ok but i cant eat feel sick cant stay asleep have been sick i wake panicky my heart misses beats even when i think im ok i feel dizzy most of the day my kids are back to school next week and im scared of what everyone might think when they see me sometimes i feel im just going to drop dead my husband of work and im scared of him going back i feel so alone. does anyone understand ?

m potts

polly daydream
30-08-06, 09:10
Hi Potts and welcome to the forum. Yes I think everybody on this site understands exactly what you mean, I have suffered with anxiety for 2 years now and still find it extremely difficult to cope with it. I too have had all the symtoms you describe and more, I have even like many others on the site had the 24 hr monitor and tons of ECG's. You are defo not alone with your anxiety and have defo come to the right place, everybody on here will understand and will never judge you.

Also don't worry what they think of you at the school, sod them all.

Take care,

Polly

manmoor
30-08-06, 10:48
Hi Potts,

A big warm welcome to you.

Take Care

Mandyxx

lainey
30-08-06, 11:29
Hi there

Firstly, a big warm welcome to you and secondly, we all undersatnd where you are coming form.
You'll get loads of help and support here from like-minded people.

Take care

Elaine x

vernon
30-08-06, 11:37
Hi Potts, As polly said most people here understand what you are saying. I have suffered on and off so many years now and promis you you will get to feel better again. how long have you been taking the citalopam? these can take 6 to 8 weeks to start working and sometimes even more. his last epersode of anxiety and phobia with me took longer than usual to go away but I assure you it will. Its hard but try to keep thinking nice thoughts and keep repeating to youself you are Ok and its just anxiety. hope you feel a bit better soon. Vernon

trac67
30-08-06, 12:00
Hi,

Welcome to the forum you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends.

Take care

Trac xx

'Live your life with arms wide open, today is where your book begins, the rest is still unwritten'

Granny Primark
30-08-06, 12:27
Hi potts,

Welcome to the site. I definitely understand how you feel, as most of the members of this site will. I have the same problem as you everynight and cant remember the last time i didnt wake up in the night feeling panicky.
The members of this site will give you loads of help, support and advice.

Take care
LYNN xx

yorkylover
30-08-06, 13:31
hello potts.
Im new to this site and everyones been brilliant.I have felt a real compfort here already.You are not alone.I have had anxiety for about 10 years probably longer.I started having panic attacks then as well.
The symptoms I have had along with alot of other people on here are as long as your arm,and tests and guess what they all came back ok!!!
I couldnt believe anxiety could make you feel so ill,and finding this site and seeing that other people are going through exactly the same has given me some relief that Im not going mad!
You are not alone.
Take care:)

Ellen XX

juju
30-08-06, 18:42
hi potts
i am on cit to and they do make you feel worse bfore better, stick with them and hang in there, dont worry bout the school as polly says sod em,
anxiety is not visible much anyway, dont worry hun
take care
julie

we are all stronger people after having this

nomorepanic
30-08-06, 19:14
Potts

Hi and welcome aboard and lovely to see you here.

Hope you get some great support here.

Nicola

potts1
30-08-06, 22:14
thanks everyone i feel much better i dont think anyone around me gets it im still scared of feeling like this the dizziness and the feeling of falling is the one i get all the time sometimes think i will just die there and then but no these toughts are not helping does anyone wake in the moroing really early and panicky thats the worst i feel sick too got any suggestions.

m potts

tnt808
31-08-06, 04:18
Welcome to the site potts.

I know you will find great comfort from the lovely people on here.

Tina

potts1
31-08-06, 07:53
hello steve u still reading this

m potts

matilda
31-08-06, 08:09
Hi Potts ifeel sick and agitated as soon as i wake up and i hate it when my husband goes to work. I work too but in a school so am off for 6 weeks. I can't wait to go back!!!!

yorkylover
31-08-06, 17:49
Hi again,since haveing a really bad panic attack two weeks ago,which Im still getting over I have woken every morning feeling anxious,sick and needing to go to the loo quickly because I wake up with stomache cramps and then that makes me panic as well.
I go and have a cup of camomile tea,it helps with the tummy and the sick feeling also helps the mind.;)

Ellen XX