PDA

View Full Version : Woken by bowel pain, BM and nausea

boogal
11-01-13, 12:08
Have had an increase in what I assumed to be IBS symptoms over the last 6 months, getting worse in the last three. Low right pain for which the doc prescribed Mebeverine. Took two month course – gradual improvement and eventually settled down about 3 weeks after finishing course. Blood tests done in Nov were normal.

For about a month have had increase in in nausea, gurgling, occasional diarrhea and one bout of constipation lasting 2 days. Odour sometimes very strong. Stool normal colour, no bleeding, weight loss.

Been taking Omeprazole about a week to resolve nausea. Have had two nocturnal bouts of intense pain in left side (descending colon) which woke me around 3 am and then had normal bowel movement, though the pain felt as though it ought to have been diarrhea. Nausea when having BM and for some time after. Appetite gone today. I keep reading that nocturnal BMs are not IBS and the dreaded Google informs me, are a very bad sign indeed. Highly anxious now of course. Female age 54.

I’m going to leave off the Omeprazole for a few days and see if it makes any difference and then see the doc.

Any similar experiences out there?