PDA

View Full Version : Very random question, any one else understand what I am talking about?

Liviguy
11-01-13, 14:47
Hi all,

Strange and random question for you as I am starting to let me catastrophic mind run riot on me again.

Currently I have an issue downstairs. It's a feeling of irritation inside my 'old man'. It's like an uncomfortable stingy feeling, however when I pass urine it doesn't burn at all and it relieves the pain inside. This is until I start to need again.

Now, I am on iron tablets at the moment so not sure if this is relevant, but if I go for a number 2, and don't feel like I have gone properly, this is when it seems to come on.

I can remember having this before, more than once over the years and it always lasts a while and then goes away again.

Can anyone relate to this?

I have been married for years with the same partner and I have never strayed, have two young kids, and trust my wife 100% so I am in no way worried that this is any type of STI. I do however have phimosis.

I am awaiting the results of a urine test but when I tried to explain the above to the doc, she looked at me as if I was a nutjob lol

Anxious_gal
13-01-13, 06:57
You could have a yeast infection. is your wife prone to getting them or has she been on antibiotics lately?
If the doc sent your urine to the lab, they usually test it for a lot of things, I would ask if they tested for yeast just to be sure.

Arnie365
13-01-13, 07:10
Like anxious gal said it could be thrush.

ricardo
13-01-13, 09:19
Liviguy

I have had exactly the same stinging sensation on a number of occasions over a period of 5 years and had several urine tests. All were negative and my doctor told me that any form of sexual transmitted infection especially NSU ,however mild can reoccur decades later, though as I said that was ruled out in my case.
I found that as quickly as it started it just cleared up.

You don't state your age but there is a possibility that if you have an enlarged benign prostrate which all men get with age there is a possibility of a urinary tract infection which if is the case can be cleard up with anti biotics.

Also some people are more prone to bacterial infections than others for no specific reason.

I hope this information helps.

Maddis mum
13-01-13, 09:22
Sounds like yeast. Take some probiotics. They are good for you anyway.

Liviguy
14-01-13, 10:42
You could have a yeast infection. is your wife prone to getting them or has she been on antibiotics lately?
If the doc sent your urine to the lab, they usually test it for a lot of things, I would ask if they tested for yeast just to be sure.

My wife suffers from thrush a lot, so much so that she was givin a test for Diabetes due to the frequency which was clear.

She has also been on antibiotics lately.

I have read up on male thrush, however I have no discharge and it's more uncomfortable if I need a wee, rather than when I am doing one.

oldtime
14-01-13, 10:56
This sounds like inflammation of the prostrate, that can occur for no reason and seems to be worse with stress, sitting down for long periods or riding a bike.

Liviguy
14-01-13, 11:23
This sounds like inflammation of the prostrate, that can occur for no reason and seems to be worse with stress, sitting down for long periods or riding a bike.

That is interesting.

I am very very stressed at the moment, and this constant discomfort is adding to it.

Is there any remedy (apart from chilling out lol)

oldtime
14-01-13, 13:04
You can try zinc supplement from a health shop. Google prostatitis zinc, it might help.