PDA

View Full Version : Christening

DreamsInSpace2
11-01-13, 15:58
Hey.. just wondering if anyone knows how long Christenings last?

I have just been asked to be Godparent for my best friends little girl at her Christening next month.. and of course I said yes (I really wanted to be just never said so was a nice surprise to be asked) but now I am freaking out bout the service. I am feeling a bit s*ck with anxiety which isn't nice as I have Emetophobia.. so this type of anxiety is what I really really fear (gaggy feeling in throat etc.) I am just worried bout standing in front of people, being in a church etc. and then after party.. haven't been out much last few months bar this and that. Really hoping i'll be fine and this anxiety goes.. really hoping it won't make me ill too. I am so afraid.. do Christenings last long? Can anyone advise me on timing etc.? I am going to be help planning the Christening etc. and taking photos for my friend and really don't want anxiety over this.. as this is something I am happy about but want to be FULLY happy bout without all this fear on top of it. i really want to be Godparent and means world to be asked as i love my friend & her little family so much but now all i am doing is freaking out... ! i really hope i'll be fine.. how do i tackle this?? :/ hope i'll be okay ! xxx

bluesparkle
11-01-13, 17:04
hi
calm down... i know easy for me to say !
ive just been to my grandsons christening it didnt last long at all ... his was not part of a church service just the christening. it was about 2o-25 mins ish but didnt seem that long as all the focus will be on the baby.
we stood up for very little of it and sat down for most...except standing around the font of coarse but then people where taking photos etc so no one was stodd still,
you will be fine honest...and especially if you are taking photos as you can move around as much as you like.
i have learnt not to worry about stuff like this before hand ..just wait until the day and take it as it comes.
the god parents didnt have to say much at all it will be very little time and even then everyone just wants to see the baby.
if you are helping plan it at least that will give you all the insight into whats going to happen.
enjoy it ... it will only happen once
ach
x

Col
11-01-13, 17:46
That's lovely, once the day comes and it's something you wanted to be, I'm sure you'll be fine! I went to a christening in 2009 and it was less than an hour then it was a 5 minute walk down to village pub. I went with my dad and left my 4month old who I was brestfeeding at the time with hubby. Was worried to leave because of that reason! Within an hour, it was done & including a drive home it was a round trip of 2hours all in, so I'm sure because your happy about it, u will be fine.

:yesyes:

DreamsInSpace2
11-01-13, 19:45
Hi thank you both for your replies! I hope it doesn't last long.. and I hope I'll be fine !! I really wanted to be God parent secretly and means the world I have been asked but its the event part i am petrified for but hoping i'll be fine !! I was thinking I might be able to take someone.. i hope but only person i can think is my Mum but dunno if she'd go?? Not sure. Thank you so much I hope you are right I really hope I'll be fine !! xxx