PDA

View Full Version : breast scare so worried

bexy84
11-01-13, 18:05
hi ....i am 28 with 2 kids....i checked my breasts the other day and found a lump....the doc checked it and said it was about 1cm in size....... it feels like a gland would feel in your neck.....it kinda runs away from my hand when i mive my fingers over it if that makes sense?? i have just cone on my period and have to go back after my period and she will asses it again and refer me to tbe clinic if there is no change.....has anyone gad a simular thing?? im so worried i will be the rare case of a young breast cancer

---------- Post added at 18:05 ---------- Previous post was at 16:07 ----------

going mad anyone?

justina
11-01-13, 18:22
I am no expert of course, but you say the lump moves around and that is a good sign, I know that lumps are more likely to be benign if they move. But I had a firm lump that was also benign!:bighug1:

Apple81
11-01-13, 18:29
I know it's easier said than done but you must try not to worry. Most breast issues turn out to be harmless. I have very lumpy breasts and it's better to get these things looked at - which you've done.

I had to go to the breast clinic last summer. If you want to chat private message me x

Munchlet
11-01-13, 19:29
Hi Bexy

Try not to worry I had a breast lump after my son was born and the doctor felt it and the first thing she said was "it's moveable thats a good sign".

I was also told to leave it until after I'd had a period but being someone with HA I couldn't went back and saw another doctor who instantly said it was nothing but referred me to the breast clinic because I was in such a state, it turned out to be an enlarged milk duct.

A friend of mine constantly gets lumps in her breast and is up at the clinic so much she doesn't even have to get referred by the GP she just goes straight there.

All her lumps are moveable but some of them can get quite big, I think they are called Firbrodemas?? or something like that.

Anyway it is really common and if the doctor was concerned they would refer you without hesitation.

The doctor told me that they can usually tell just by feeling if lump is worrisome apparently lumps so worry about feel distinctivley different.

Try not to worry you are very young and I'm sure it's something completely innocent xx

ecila92
11-01-13, 23:24
Could be a harmless swollen gland

bexy84
12-01-13, 16:38
thanks everyone ....the thought of having breast cancer scares me....i never thought i would find a lump it is awful...the waiting ....i am 2 days into my period and its stilk there x