PDA

View Full Version : Swollen armpits, FBC?

Nick2
11-01-13, 18:07
One last Q as people will start thinking I am a hypochondriac

had swelling in my groin for ages can actually feel lumps, doc checked it and said it was okay

but last few weeks being getting pain in the armpits. Cant feel any lumps but it does hurt sometimes and feel swollen but cant feel any lumps. anything to worry about

if I go for a full blood count will the swollen glands affect the test?

almamatters
11-01-13, 18:20
I have had swollen nodes for ages and my fbc is always normal

Jules147
11-01-13, 18:39
One last Q as people will start thinking I am a hypochondriac

had swelling in my groin for ages can actually feel lumps, doc checked it and said it was okay

but last few weeks being getting pain in the armpits. Cant feel any lumps but it does hurt sometimes and feel swollen but cant feel any lumps. anything to worry about

if I go for a full blood count will the swollen glands affect the test?

You've likely caught your armpit on a car door or something. The swelling is likely bruising. When we bash into something we forget all about it, a bruise appears and we wonder how the hell we got it.

Nick2
11-01-13, 23:41
You've likely caught your armpit on a car door or something. The swelling is likely bruising. When we bash into something we forget all about it, a bruise appears and we wonder how the hell we got it.

Its both armpits

read some pretty bad things about what It could be which makes me want to wait for it to go down before I go for my FBC

last FBC was November but that was before the swelling in my armpits
thanks

---------- Post added at 23:41 ---------- Previous post was at 22:28 ----------

after reading some of the stuff online what it could be I am petrified.

It does hurt sometimes when I swallow. what is freaking me is out is its both armpits not one

Anxious_gal
12-01-13, 00:08
Did you have "real" lumps in the groin area?
Or did the doctor say you had none or that you had larger than usual but that it was still normal?

I sometimes get pain in my arm pits, like an ache. What type of pain do you get?
It might be muscular and it's in both so have you been doing any heavy lifting?
What is the welling like or how does it feel can you see it?

If you are have low body fat you can feel lumps and bumps more easily.
Also if they are lymph nodes they are reactive to touch which means touching them cause them to stay enlarged.

Where does it hurt when you swallow?
I sometimes get a strange pain in the center of my throat on the outside.
Or maybe you have a cold, that could explain it if your lymph nodes are big.

If you are worried I guess all you can do is see a doctor and try not to assume the worst.

STOP reading online, EVERYTHING is a SYMPTOM of SOMETHING!

I did one of those symptom checkers just for fun, I typed in neck pain and it told me to call 999 right away because I was having a heart attack.
so silly : ) seriously don't Google : )

Nick2
12-01-13, 11:47
re the groin the doc said there is swelling but didnt seem concerned even though felt like lymph nodes, had them ages though

saw doc today and he said it wasnt lymph glands and it was okay just tissue
but still got really sore armpits esp left one. he said just painkillers and keep an eye on it but it deffo wasnt my lymph glands

thanks for reply