PDA

View Full Version : delayed side effects?

hjm70
30-08-06, 10:25
hi

i started taking 10mg citalopram 5 days ago. this is the 6th day and so far i had been fine but this morning i have woken up and my anxiety is pretty bad also my mouth is really dry and my throat feels dry and clicky not sore but uncomfortable when i swallow. Can this be the citalopram doing this because i thought id get side effects from day one.
and because my anxiety is bad i feel really freaked out about my throat. can anyone help with some advice?

polly daydream
30-08-06, 16:19
Hi, yes this is all normal when taking Citalopram, it's just taken your body a bit longer to react to the medication. You will have heightened anxiety for a couple of weeks but it will dissapear with time, also the dry mouth you speak of, that is also normal. Hang on in there, things will get better I promise, I am also on Cit have been for 3 months now and had horrible side effects for about two weeks, now I feel so much better, you will to.

Take care, PM me if you wish.

Polly

LockedShut
31-08-06, 01:29
I started 10mg citalopram too. Today is my 6th day too! Coincidence!

Anyway, I had the same as you, dry mouth and scratchy throat. I put it partly down to the cold I've got right now. I've noticed my anxiety going up too, worrying about side effects and if I've got them.

I've been drinking lots of warm milk, and eating dry toast for my itchy throat.
Hope it helps
xo

<center>***************************
Where troubles melt like lemondrops
Away above the chimney tops
That's where you'll find me...</center>

Daisybun
02-09-06, 12:37
Hi I had the dry mouth and throat, also my anxiety got worse, about two weeks I started to feel better and I went up to 20mg. Since then no side effects except being tired but i have felt so much better, i am now living my life again, so please hang on in there it will be worth it

Take care
Daisybun

'This too will pass'