PDA

View Full Version : do I have to take diazepam

spottitchsam
11-01-13, 18:31
hi guys
I have not taken a diazepam since Thursday 4.10am but because my husband is going out tonight I'm getting very anxious.so I have just taken one at 6pm.my daughter said that I should still be taking the 2 a day until I see my gp on Monday.the reason I have not taken them is because the other amitriptyline pill I have been prescribed have started to take effect.she said that I still needed them in my system.I have got another daughter who will be sitting with me when she is back from shopping.thanks for the continuing support.love to you all x

VickyW
11-01-13, 23:17
Hello Jean I am new, all I can say (I hope I can say this) is that if you have been prescribed diazepam then you should take them as prescribed, if you have taken them regularly for a while you can suffer withdrawal symptoms similar to panic. Take care x

spottitchsam
11-01-13, 23:57
Hello Jean I am new, all I can say (I hope I can say this) is that if you have been prescribed diazepam then you should take them as prescribed, if you have taken them regularly for a while you can suffer withdrawal symptoms similar to panic. Take care x

hi Vicky
welcome to the site,I have been taking the diazepam for 1week now and this is the 5th night for me to take amitriptyline.x

Anxious_gal
12-01-13, 00:29
You should take them when you need to.
They aren't at all like antidepressants which you need to take every day.

they are highly addictive a bit like prescription pain medication, so I would treat them both the same way, take as needed : )