PDA

View Full Version : do I need to take diazepam

spottitchsam
11-01-13, 18:54
hi guys I last took a diazepam yesterday (Thursday)4.10am.but I just had to take another one at 6pm today has I'm very anxious because my husband is going out.I have got another daughter which will sit with me when she gets back from shopping.the reason why I have not taken the diazepam is because the amitriptyline which I have been prescribed has started to work.my 1st daughter said that I should still take the diazepam to keep them in my system at least until I see my gp on Monday.x

Edie
11-01-13, 19:11
How did your doctor tell you to take the diazepam when he prescribed it? Did he tell you to take it every day, or just "as needed?"

Personally, I would not take the diazepam if I didn't need it.

Diazepam is fairly quick acting. If you missed a dose and then realised you needed it, it should kick in fairly quickly and calm you down.

spottitchsam
11-01-13, 19:29
How did your doctor tell you to take the diazepam when he prescribed it? Did he tell you to take it every day, or just "as needed?"

Personally, I would not take the diazepam if I didn't need it.

Diazepam is fairly quick acting. If you missed a dose and then realised you needed it, it should kick in fairly quickly and calm you down.

thanks Eddie,I forgot now but it says on the box take one up to three times daily.up until yesterday I was taking 2 a day.but has you said it did kick in straight away.x

ricardo
11-01-13, 19:29
I would add that diazepam has a short life span of about 5 hours.

spottitchsam
11-01-13, 19:43
I would add that diazepam has a short life span of about 5 hours.

thanks Ricardo,I will be taking my 2amitriptyline about 10.00.so I think it will tie in nicely.all the best.

HotLad86
11-01-13, 20:07
Only take dizapan when you really feel you need it as its highly addictive mate.

spottitchsam
11-01-13, 20:15
Only take dizapan when you really feel you need it as its highly addictive mate.

thanks Joseph, that's what I was trying to do.I'm so glad you gave me this advice.this site and people are my rock.x