PDA

View Full Version : Hello again!

Juliet
11-01-13, 21:23
Hello all! Its been so long since I last came on here and posted(probably 3 or 4 years?) It was a growing site then,but wow now its huge! Im so impressed! I have suffered form anxiety and panic attacks for the best part of 13 years now(Im 38). It led to me actually leaving my job as a midwife,my world gradually closed in on me and became smaller and smaller as i avoided anything that may cause me to panic. I was agoraphobic and at times terrified to even be on my own in the house. I thought that was going to be me..for the rest of my life. But...and this is to offer some sort of hope to anyone feeling as desperate as I did then..it got better. I had alot of support from my then boyfriend(now husband)and I gradually found my way out of my dark hole. Dont get me wrong it took a very long time and it wasnt easy.I used every available resourse too(including taking citalopram for about 2 years)..but if i can do it anyone can. I have since done things I never thought would be possible. I got married(proper big white wedding),travelled to the USA(twice)and had two beautiful babies.but its the simple things that make me most proud..going to the hairdressers on my own,shopping alone..being able to sit in the dentist chair! However..after the best part of 2 years without panic attacks..they have come back..:-( Had alot of trauma recently..an ill parent(dementia)..two very young babies to care for..a huge big family wedding to attend away(with kids)..kids illnesses and a hospital admission(thankfully not serious)..but just alot on. I started to get numbness and tingling in my feet and hands(never had that before)..thought I had MS..had an mri and im ok..but still have the symptoms.They are putting it down to stress and I think they are probably right. I am so determined not to let it get me to such a bad place again though this time..thank goodness for sites like this..we are never alone xxx

Annie0904
11-01-13, 21:32
Hi Juliet, welcome back but I wish you didn't have to go through this again :( You have overcome it before though so can do it again xx

nomorepanic
11-01-13, 21:34
Hi Juliet

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.