PDA

View Full Version : Panic had returned after 16 years...

VickyW
11-01-13, 23:12
Hello everyone, I was looking at my craft forum (I make greetings cards) and suddenly thought that there was no one on there who really knew about panic attacks (there is a chatty part to the forum).

Looking through the internet I have stumbled upon you!

All I can say is :yesyes:

There is some great info on this site! I thought I knew all about panic disorder after all 16 years ago I suffered big time from it. I did the whole thing, ending in casualty etc..

Well on Christmas Eve - lo and behold I had a panic attack, I couldn't believe it - I'd done therapy, medication and had been fine!

But they are back and this is how I feel :wacko:

I have been back to the doctor who has given me some medication, but I'm back to rushing to the loo at work trying to breathe. I do hope medication has moved on since it happened.

My trigger has always been work stress, however, I took a less stressful job recently after 5 years of utter stress...maybe those years are back to haunt me. :ohmy:

Anyway I am looking forward to meeting everyone and reading all about how others are, 16 years ago I had no internet so I felt so alone, it's good to find a place like this.

nomorepanic
11-01-13, 23:22
Hi VickyW

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

VickyW
11-01-13, 23:26
thanks nmp - I'm not sure if you have thanks buttons or I'm just not seeing it, but I'm having a good look around, it's nice to know I'm not alone this time x

Mark13
11-01-13, 23:45
Hello Vicky and welcome to the forum.

VickyW
11-01-13, 23:48
Hi Mark, thanks for the welcome, I must go to sleep but I just want to read :)

ps I notice you take propanolol - I started taking 30mg of this daily, last time I am sure it didn't help but I do think it is at the moment (I take 2mg of diazepam as well).