PDA

View Full Version : New On Here - 100% Recovered Now

Ex Panicy Person
12-01-13, 00:02
Hi, I just wanted to introduce myself. I suffered from panic attacks/agoraphobia/anxiety disorder/depression/social anxiety with a touch of OCD and quite a few phobias from the age of 7 to the age of around 24. A long list and a long time. I can pretty much comment on most therapies, prescribed drugs and different coping techniques. I had a lot of help from No More Panic and we didn't have such useful forums in the days that I needed them!

I never thought that I would recover but I would like to assure everyone that recovery is possible although I won't lie it did take a good few years. I am now in my 30's and work as an occupational health advisor and guide people who have anxiety almost on a daily basis. I do everything that I could never do in my teens and 20's eg.go to concerts, leave the house, travel on all forms of transport even flying (which I love) and live life to the full. Armed with knowledge, CBT, a bit of drug therapy and support I gradually banished my list of problems one by one. My GP had never seen a child/teen and adult with such bad anxiety!

You can get over it or at least make it bearable, I promise.

I look forward to `speaking` to you on this forum

AP

nomorepanic
12-01-13, 00:12
Hi Ex Panicy Person

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

Gotagetthroughthis
12-01-13, 00:19
Thanks for coming on here and posting this, I had just made a thread asking if it is ever possible to get back to normal again after going through severe anxiety for long periods of time. This gives me belief and confidence so thank you and it is great to hear you have recovered.

If you would like to read the thread where I was just asking about this, here is the link :)

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=127914

anicko
12-01-13, 02:09
Thank you for your encouraging post! All the best to you!:)

Mark13
12-01-13, 11:50
Hello AP, welcome to the forum, glad you've been able to recover.

Arnie365
12-01-13, 12:01
:welcome: to NMP AP.

mat1t_uk
27-06-14, 11:30
:welcome: to you ex panicky....
I too am a 'fully recovered' with a mere 6 years full on GAD & panic attacks behind me. :winks:
I can't help the forums on prescription drug advice really, I was only on one kind for a few months & gave it up for natural herbal remedies & a personal recovery program.
But to re-iterate your words...yes recovery does occur!! & when you get there , wow the view is amazing!!
Mat

Sunshine84
27-06-14, 12:40
Hi everyone, im glad there is light at the end of the tunnel...im on the long road yet again but determined to get there...its sooo hard but i hope its possible

Ex Panicy Person
27-06-14, 23:07
I'm only posting on this forum as I want to send you some positivity and assure you that recovery is possible. Everyone has different ways of dealing with anxiety and panic attacks. I cannot comment on prescription drugs as there was no such thing as SSRi's in my youthful days, nothing on the internet, just a few library books that didn't really help. I got to the other side though mainly by teaching my mind not to care about panic attacks. It can be a bumpy road but get on it, what have you got to lose.....nothing, you just have everything to gain x