PDA

View Full Version : What brand do you take?

Maddis mum
12-01-13, 01:05
What medication does everyone take? I take the actual prozac name brand but when I went to fill my script they had none so they gave me Lovan and said it was the same. Is this true? Is this going to alter the effects if I start taking a different brand of prozac?

AuntieMoosie
12-01-13, 03:32
Well I just take whatever brand that the pharmacy give me :)

I've had quite a few different brands, they tend to use generic brands rather that the brand name as it's cheaper.

I know some people have reported that they've noticed a difference, but I can honestly say that I've never really noticed any difference at all, maybe it effects people in different ways as some of us a more sensitive to any chemical changes, but I've not noticed any difference hun :hugs:

Pipkin
12-01-13, 08:21
Hi there,

I've never taken fluoxetine (I'm on venlafaxine) but I agree with AM. I've been on loads of generic brands and Effexor and I've never seen a difference.

Some people day they do but I think they must be sensitive to the binding and coating ingredients.

Pip x

Janine
12-01-13, 09:05
Kim. I always use the same pharmacy but last time after having three lots that were the same the fourth was a different brand, I did wonder after some of the comments I read on here but they have been fine and I am nearly at the end of them.

Janine x

Princess2206
12-01-13, 10:30
I take generic fluoxetine and now I am on second box which is different brand than first one and I didn't notice any different. I wouldn't be worry to take generic as they have exactly the same ingredients to Prozac brand name.:)

Tessar
12-01-13, 11:35
I've had a variety over the years both in capsule and liquid form. Sometimes Prozac branded & once I had one called Prozit (that was ages ago, unfortunate name I thought!). Mine usually say Fluoxetine on the box and have been made by a variety of pharma companies. The latest batch I have been given look slightly different in colour. They are made by Bristol Laboratories based in Herts. I've had ones made in Ireland & other places as well.
I put my trust in the suppliers to get it right & since I havent ever noticed a difference I have no reason to doubt them ever.

pretoria
14-01-13, 12:31
I've taken a few different Prozac brands over the couple of months I have been on them (depending on which Pharmacy I fill my prescription at).

- Prozep
- Lilly's Prozac (The patent manufacturer)
- Teva Fluoxetine

Here's what I found in my personal experience. I started on Prozep and seemed to be working out ok though I get odd side effects such as a little bit of dizziness and odd sensation like things taste funny. Lilly's Prozac was a good one and it seemed to work the best (may have been placebo though) but I did get more headaches on this one. Teva Fluoxetine I only had one dose from the bottle but after reading some negative posts about it I quickly changed back to Prozep.

Maddis mum
15-01-13, 00:39
thanks everyone. Im so nervous about all this still.

Penguin80
17-01-13, 13:14
Ive also had a variety including prozit liquid. I would try and go to the same pharmacy each time and ask their advice if you are worried. I am the same with tablets so try not to add extra anxiety to yourself. Hugs x

Arnie365
17-01-13, 20:03
Just generic brands. Already had three different ones in 8 weeks! I'm sure they are all the same.