PDA

View Full Version : New and ...well.. scared...

anicko
12-01-13, 02:06
Hi All!

My name is Nick and for the last month and a half i am struggling with panic attacks and anxiety(again). My first symptoms started about 2 years ago when i suddenly got a panic attack out of nowhere while driving on a freeway at 65 m/hr. At the time of course i thought i had a heart attack and immediately pulled over, scarring to death my poor wife and my kids... Simply horrific experience... After checking with my doctor and doing all the tests everything was fine. But i started feeling stressed while on the freeway and eventually started taking alternative routes. A few months passed and after a family loss (my grandma) which i loved so much i started getting panic attacks again. I was prescribed xanax as needed an citalophram. After few weeks on citalophram i felt better and eventually after 6-8 months i stopped taking it because of the lack of sex drive mainly. (i think it was a big mistake).
All this time i did nothing about my phobia with the highway driving (just never drove on highway any more) and also started feeling uneasy while on bridges or tunnels. The last couple months i get anxiety while driving (anywhere) and at night time while at home with family. Constant feeling that i'm going to pass out or something will happen to me.... This sucks!

Went to the doctor's Dec 10 and i was give Viibryd to try... i could not tolerate it more than 4 days.... I was also prescibed Xanax again as needed. As things were getting worse i saw my doc Dec 31st again asking to put on Citalophram again. He suggested me to try BuSpar instead so i started on 7.5mg twice a day,on January 1st. So far no improvement..... After calling him again and explaining that things getting worse yesterday he prescibed me Imipramine 10mg at bedtime. took it last night first time and got a nice dry mouth. Today was a miserable day also (maybe from medication side effects?) and the only thing that gives me some relief is xanax but i do not want to be addicted on it so i cut the pill in half and take
half around noon and half around 6pm....
I will be seen the doc again on Monday, at this point i don't see much of improvement at all. Any suggestions anyone?
Thank you all and i wish everybody the best.:)

nomorepanic
12-01-13, 02:17
Hi anicko

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

Baggs
12-01-13, 08:07
Welcome to the site. I hope you find as much help as I have. I wish you all the best.

Baggs

LauraM8
12-01-13, 09:07
Welcome to the site:)

Mark13
12-01-13, 11:51
Hello Nick and welcome to the forum.

Arnie365
12-01-13, 12:00
:welcome: to NMP Nick hope you gets lots of support here