PDA

View Full Version : ANYONE with Allergic Rhinitis or sinisits (reoccuring)

Em84
12-01-13, 14:29
Hi

Just a quick question for people that actually suffer more towards allergic rhinitis...i think this is what i have,....i am currently taking avamys steroid nasal spray as not sure what triggers it....or whether its just constant sinisitis.
Today is really cold in scotland and i have been feeling breathless all morning....started about 10 mins after i came downstairs in the morning, i feel like there is stuff down there but i cant cough it up....

Does any other sufferers find then when the weather is cold this happens to them,.....??? i hate is cas im so aware of my breathing its making me feel tired.....

xxx

swgrl09
12-01-13, 14:47
yes!!! mine has been really bad lately. every time i go out and drive to work, by the time i get to work my sinuses are hurting and my teeth. i take an anti-histamine, which helps a little but the cold still gets to me.

Em84
12-01-13, 15:04
awww thanks hun...just needed some reasurrance....
its bad enough with the anxiety but when a condition makes you feel breathless its hard to figure out whats what?!!!!

x

Mr Brownstone
12-01-13, 15:45
Cant say it ever made me feel breathless, but it wouldnt surprise me if it did. Do you find Avamys (or however its spelled) works? I was never convinced, as it took me til the second bottle before it improved a bit, but by then Im wasnt entirely sure it hadnt just cleared up itself!!

Ella13
13-01-13, 01:07
I suffer more with chronic sinusitis but I Used to get the breathlessness as well usually on a daily basis. I've suffered with congestion on my chest and blocked nose etc for months and months and the only thing that had massively helped me is taking apple cider vinegar (with something called the mother) it's completely cleared congestion on my chest and for the first time in months I can actually breath through my nose! I still get the breathlessness now and again but that's probably down to my anxiety as well. It takes a good 3 weeks for the ACV to make a difference and it isn't the nicest thing to drink but I definitely recommend it! It's the longest I've been without a sinus infection!

techwoodjez
13-01-13, 03:04
Hi

Just wondered if you get strange fullness deep in your ears which the doctor cant really explain (as in my case) and an odd feeling in your eyes not blurry just like a sensitive feeling , have been prescribed avamys but couldnt really tell if it worked or not and haven't really stuck with it ?

maybeoneday
13-01-13, 23:23
wow Em84 what you have just said is exactly what i get , i find it very hard to breath too with this, and a tight feeling in throat as if i need to cough something up,
i have to keep sucking soothers as where ive coughed my throat sore

jennsy
14-03-13, 14:37
This happens to me often and I find drinking hot liquids helps. It can be scary I know. I also try to remind myself to stay in the moment. I tend to worry into the future about what is going to happen if I can't breathe. It helps to stay in the moment.