PDA

View Full Version : It's Bad This Morning!!

JsMom
14-06-04, 15:35
Oh, how I hate this anxiety and panic!!

I woke up this morning with my heart pounding and I was dripping in sweat. My stomach is all wound up in knots and I am shaking. For some reason, Mondays are always bad, but today is just horrible. I just want it all to stop!!

I got up and rushed to the bathroom (like usual) and I took 2 Ativan this morning. Usually, I only have to take one. I know I am probably addicted to Ativan, but nothing else seems to help curb the anxiety to any degree.

Hubby and I talked last night and I tried to make him understand that I can't control this. Like people without anxiety disorders, he just doesn't understand why I can't "snap out of it". I wish more than anything that I could.

Some days I truly feel as if I am going insane. Am I going to live the rest of my life in fear and anxiety. The thought is pretty darn depressing!!

Jenelle

grace
14-06-04, 16:38
hi jenelle
sorry that you're having such a bad time. you're right about people not understanding sometimes. my husband is a sweetie but the other day he asked me to drive somewhere, and i told him i couldnt cos it was too far away, he said 'why' duh....
as for you feeling like you're going insane, i've gone through many a time when i thought i'd lost the plot, lots of us have i think, but you will get through it.
what else are you doing apart from taking ativan? maybe its time to try something else aswell...
we are all here for you

xxx grace

jo-jo
14-06-04, 19:03
Hi Jenelle

So sorry to hear how bad you felt this morning. It really is quite difficult for non-sufferers to understand what we are going through - an example is my own mum who has suffered panic attacks for years and its only now that I'm having them that I can even start to appreciate what she has been through. It's not that they don't care, it just hard for our nearest and dearest and that can make it all the more frustrating for us sometimes.

One thing is for sure, you most definately are not going insane and there is a way through this.

Try to put today behind you. I know its tough but you have to try not to let what happened this morning make you feel bad tomorrow. Why not try that walk this evening before bed, maybe with hubby?

Hope you are feeling better - look forward to hearing how you're getting on. Just remember, there are so many people here who really do care an awful lot.

Jo xxx

p.s. does Ativan help with butterflies leading to nausea??

pips
14-06-04, 22:18
Hi Jenelle,

I fing mornings particualrly difficult as well. I get a lot of pulpatations nausia and shaking. The thing I try to do is ask myself what I am afraid of and try to reassure myself that nothing bad is going to happen. I tell myself I will get through this and it will pass! It's just your mind working overtime!

I hope the feelings ease for you try to practice positive thoughts! as negative thinking makes matters worse! I know how hard it is for you! I am still trying to master it myself!!

There is loads of support for you on here!

Take care

Pip's XX

JsMom
15-06-04, 04:45
Thanks, everyone! I am feeling much better, but then evenings are usually better for me than any other time of the day. One day at a time, right?
Jenelle

jo-jo
15-06-04, 08:54
Hi Jenelle

So glad you are feeling better - have to admit mornings are worse for me too. One day at a time is exactly the way to go, good for you, that's a great attitude.

Jo xx

stimpy
15-06-04, 12:05
You got it mate !
One day at a time.

Horrible morning syndrome will pass, but it sure feels like forever.
Good to know you are feel better

Love, light and Best wishes
Liz xxx
With hard work and determination and all the things you know.
The world is there for you to take. There's nowhere you can't go.

[:p]Scatty Eccentric & 'Poet Laureate to panic and anxiety'

paul
15-06-04, 17:21
hello jenelle,at one point i couldnt even face the day and slept through most of it.in fact at one point i only saw darkness.somehow i got up earlier and did things .

its true that it hard to explain to people what anxiety is like to those who've never experienced it.the only thing i can say is that ,for me anyway ,there are better days and worse days.ive been in situations where ive felt like ive completely lost it,started panicing,and eventualy calmed down,its really hard but it can be done.i still struggle with anxiety ,which is why i visited the forum today.

i wish you well,and the others who has replied.

paul