PDA

View Full Version : losingg it! so worried

pablo22
12-01-13, 17:15
i really dont know whats come over me, so a little back story: i spent 6 weeks in a psychiatric hospital for severe anxiety and panic.. so much so they thought i was psychotic for the first week ! anyways when i was released i was feeling amazing.. i was jogging.. i was confident.. work was going great! but lately ive become really obessesed with having an aneurysm or something seriously wrong with me heart.. iv had plenty on ECGs and have been told my chances of having an anuresym are slim to nor but im still SO worried.. i spend most of my pay in and out of the doctors and work is now horrible because im constantly anxious ! i almost asked could i go home early the other day it was that bad!

help :(

Col
12-01-13, 17:32
From where you were, you have done tremendously well. I had a breakdown and exhaustion and when you've hit rock bottom, you never want to go back there never ever again , I empathize.

I think it's a bit of a blip, that time of year, take your time, try not to dwell & remember how bad you ŵere and how far you've come, so you'll get through this in no time.

Small steps, try not to be hard on yourself & try not to think the worse will happen again.

Takecare

pablo22
12-01-13, 18:30
thanks for the support im just so concerned about my health all the time! hopefully it will get better

steveo
12-01-13, 19:48
Wow that's so great to hear how well you've been doing! We have these blips I'm afraid.
I have been ten years on citalopram and after about 3 years of nearly no problems at all I took myself slowly off the meds. Was off completely in October. All was well but I noticed I started to worry about my heart and last monday I had the worst panic attack I've ever had which led me to the doctors and back on the meds.
I understand I have a blip. It's this time of year too I think!
Don't dwell on it too much. Keep your mind off health concerns and these worries will soon go away.
Well done again for doing so well!

pablo22
16-01-13, 21:15
thanks for the support! im feeling a bit better these days im just trying not to let it get in on me! i HATE janurary lol

Kayleigh100
16-01-13, 22:16
Well done Pablo.

I'm currently waiting on the results of lots of medical tests and I am just about managing to cope, but have blips every now and again. In the past fortnight I have had two - one really quite bad. When I get into those I break the day or night down into blocks. An hour usually, whatever suits. I then concentrate on getting through that hour at least knowing now I do come out the other side.

I am going to start CBT to try and teach me other coping techniques - have you had CBT?

tigerlark
16-01-13, 23:26
What kinds of therapy have you had? You CAN be completely cured of panic and anxiety. My mom suffered with panic for years before she finally got the help she needed through counseling, CBT, and medication, and now she is completely cured! There may be something unhealthy about your thinking patterns that needs to be resolved, and a therapist can help you with that. Best of luck to you and remember that you can come out of this!