PDA

View Full Version : Newb to this :)

Revengance
12-01-13, 19:27
Hi all.
I'm Heather, 20 and a computer science student.

I have suffered from Severe depression, anxiety and insomnia for 5 year, going on 6 years now.
I finally bucked up the courage to go to my doctors in June last year. I have tried and tested a few AD's, and have just started on Prozac 20mg. Literally just took my first tablet a few hours ago.

I was hesitant to try a new AD, as I was on citalopram for 7 weeks, and ending up taking an overdose, the psychiatrist believed it was caused by the side effects of the medication mainly as my mood got lower and lower everyday.
I realized I need to do something when I dyed my hair blonde and spent nearly all my student loan in one day! I tend to do this as there's nothing better than a new image and a shopping spree! I'm naturally a very dark haired and it was a out of the blue to dye my hair and spend that much money which is meant to last me 3 months! I tend to get obsessed with my image thinking my life would be happier and easier if I looked like someone else!

I'm just here to see how other people cope and any advice :)
Thanks x

nomorepanic
12-01-13, 19:38
Hi Revengance

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

Mark13
12-01-13, 20:08
Hello Heather, welcome to the forum.

Mark

Sparkle1984
12-01-13, 23:40
Welcome to the forums, Heather. You'll find plenty of support here. :) I am a computing science graduate. How are you finding your degree course?

anicko
13-01-13, 00:08
Welcome to the forum!

Arnie365
13-01-13, 07:09
:welcome: Heather

Revengance
15-01-13, 02:56
Welcome to the forums, Heather. You'll find plenty of support here. :) I am a computing science graduate. How are you finding your degree course?

Hi sparkle, Thankyou.
I'm finding it really difficult at the moment. My lack of concentration is what's letting me down. I come from a nursing and health background as I did my health and social care a-levels and 2 years training to be a adult nurse, so I am very far behind in knowledge compared to many of the other students.
What's the best advice you have for me regarding this course? As it requires a lot of attention and dependent study, but I just don't have the focus or energy to do so.
Thanks, Heather.

Sparkle1984
19-01-13, 22:42
Hi sparkle, Thankyou.
I'm finding it really difficult at the moment. My lack of concentration is what's letting me down. I come from a nursing and health background as I did my health and social care a-levels and 2 years training to be a adult nurse, so I am very far behind in knowledge compared to many of the other students.
What's the best advice you have for me regarding this course? As it requires a lot of attention and dependent study, but I just don't have the focus or energy to do so.
Thanks, Heather.

Hi Heather,
I found my course difficult at times too. A lot of the other students had more programming experience than I did, and I found some of the concepts difficult to grasp at first. I also struggled with group-work at times because I'm quite shy. I'd suggest drawing up a study timetable, and try to start on your coursework as early as possible, so that if you do have problems you'll have enough time to ask a tutor for advice. I must admit there were times when I didn't think I'd make it through the course, but in the end I graduated with a 2:1 so I was very happy. Good luck! :)

HotLad86
21-01-13, 21:19
Hi Faith,

Welcome to the Forum.

:hugs: :yesyes: :hugs: :yesyes: :hugs: :yesyes: :hugs: :yesyes:

You will get loads of support and advice here.
Best wishes,
HOTLAD

---------- Post added at 21:19 ---------- Previous post was at 21:18 ----------

Hi HEATHER

Welcome to the Forum.

:hugs: :yesyes: :hugs: :yesyes: :hugs: :yesyes: :hugs: :yesyes:

You will get loads of support and advice here.
Best wishes,