PDA

View Full Version : Hey, This is me

LadySpatula
12-01-13, 22:52
Hey I am 22 years old and I suffer from anxiety and what appears to be depression from this although I am stupid and don't wish to see a doctor about it as it means my university doctor who IMO is not the person I need due to them treating me like a child who knows little about the human body and so I don't trust them.
I am currently in my final year of university again as I failed my exams the first time due to my anxiety and which has caused me more anxiety and at times made me regret even bothering with it. I have to keep imagining the future where I am with my bf and away from all the bad people in my life.
I have had issues in the past that stem from me living at home with a nightmare of a sibling who still lives there and makes me glad I am away from home. My parents have recently moved to the middle east due to job issues and they are happy there but it is still hard.
I have promised myself that things will get better in the summer when I leave university and find a doctor who I trust but I keep worrying about the present and can't seem to see myself happy with what I have.
I used to suffer from panic attacks regularly and although I don't feel I've recovered from them but my last serious one was 3 years ago. I do have stomach problems which I've linked to anxiety as there is no food cause of them.
I am terrible at talking about myself so i'm surprised at how much I've written but thank you for reading :)

nomorepanic
12-01-13, 23:03
Hi LadySpatula

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

Mark13
12-01-13, 23:07
Hello and welcome to the forum. I'm sure you'll find lots of help and support here as I have.

anicko
13-01-13, 00:11
Do not hesitate to ask for help,visiting a doctor soon might start your recovery soon, why wait? Welcome aboard!:)

Arnie365
13-01-13, 07:07
Welcome to NMP.