PDA

View Full Version : bloody restless legs

spottitchsam
13-01-13, 01:02
hi guys already nearly had a hour sleep.woke to go to the loo and now I can't get back to sleep.what can I do to relax them ,any ideas guys.

smine
13-01-13, 01:21
i dont know if i have a similar condition to you or not... does yours cause your legs to move by themselves, or do they simply feel a certain way which forces you to move around to relieve it?

Emphyrio
13-01-13, 01:29
I think I have a mild form of restless leg syndrome (exacerbated when I've been on antidepressants). As to what helped - exercise (recommended), alcohol (not recommended), and camomile/valerian tea (recommended, but a lot of people hate the smell!)

techwoodjez
13-01-13, 02:52
Hi
This is one of my many issues and can relate to it well , I find if you put a pillow sort of in between your legs with one kind of over the other it can help failing that I have got up and stamped my feet odd I know but works a bit

Good luck:shrug:

DeeEss
13-01-13, 03:02
hello:)
I was on citalopram for 2 years and I started to get problems with restless legs. It can be a side effect of medication. I would check with your doctor to rule it out. My meds weren't helping anymore so I was changed to a different one and I dont get restless legs now.:)

spottitchsam
13-01-13, 10:30
i dont know if i have a similar condition to you or not... does yours cause your legs to move by themselves, or do they simply feel a certain way which forces you to move around to relieve it?

morning smine,it is hard to describe but its not like pins and needles,it feels like a tingling.I was awake for 45 minutes the only thing I as doing was rubbing,stretching them.I did not get out of bed has I was still very tired and I thought I might fall over.I will be seeing gp tomorrow and ask if it could be a side effect of the amitriptyline I just started taking.have a good day.x

---------- Post added at 10:25 ---------- Previous post was at 10:22 ----------

I think I have a mild form of restless leg syndrome (exacerbated when I've been on antidepressants). As to what helped - exercise (recommended), alcohol (not recommended), and camomile/valerian tea (recommended, but a lot of people hate the smell!)

morning emphyrio,thanks for reply,the more I think about it the more I think it could be the pain killers/antidepressants I am on.seeing gp tomorrow so will ask him.x

---------- Post added at 10:28 ---------- Previous post was at 10:25 ----------

Hi
This is one of my many issues and can relate to it well , I find if you put a pillow sort of in between your legs with one kind of over the other it can help failing that I have got up and stamped my feet odd I know but works a bit

Good luck:shrug:

hi techwoodjez thanks for advice I will try this tonight.have a good day x

---------- Post added at 10:30 ---------- Previous post was at 10:28 ----------

hello:)
I was on citalopram for 2 years and I started to get problems with restless legs. It can be a side effect of medication. I would check with your doctor to rule it out. My meds weren't helping anymore so I was changed to a different one and I dont get restless legs now.:)

morning deeess,I think it is my medications I am seeing my gp tomorrow so will speak to him.have a good day x.