PDA

View Full Version : Hello

Mick63
13-01-13, 15:31
Hello,

My name is Mick and I have had panic attacks in the past. The worst one landed me in hospital A & E some years back.

The thing is, I'm also a therapist (CBT) which means I'm in the odd position of seeing people for panic when I've experienced them myself. I would say that I haven't had a 'bad' panic for a while now, but get moments when I feel right on the edge of it starting again.

I'm currently doing a doctorate in counselling/therapy and really want to research my own experiences of panic.. particularly looking at what has triggered them in the past. My uni supervisor/lecturers are very supportive of this, but I'd be really interested to hear what other people think as well. E.g. good or bad idea??

Thanks - Mick

Annie0904
13-01-13, 15:32
Hi Mick :welcome:

nomorepanic
13-01-13, 15:42
Hi Mick63

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

almamatters
13-01-13, 16:41
Hi :welcome: to the forum

Mark13
13-01-13, 18:05
Hello Mick, welcome to the forum.

Mick63
07-01-18, 14:46
Hi its been a very long time coming but just to update this post. Still dealing with my own panic issues but nearly completed my studies after 5 years!

Mostly understand now how long ago my anxiety started... realised I have been 'panicking' on and off for years. Hope everyone else is finding some way through their panic. I think the more sense you can make of whats happening to you, the easier dealing with it gets!