PDA

View Full Version : Lump in mouth

spacebunnyx
13-01-13, 16:43
Hi,

I'm having a complete and utter relapse of HA at the moment :(

I've been having CBT for almost 6 months now and really don't feel like I'm getting anywhere. Over the Christmas hols I had pressure headaches so worried about my blood pressure... then on friday I handled some antibiotics by accident and then had a panic attack because I was scared of having an anaphalactic shock (I'm allergic - but not severely to antibiotics)

On saturday I found a lump in my mouth. its small and hard, doesn't hurt and is about a cm from one of my molars on my upperjaw kind of on the gum/palate border. I don't have any lumps elsewhere in my mouth. My husband can feel and see it as well.. so I know its not in my mind. He's telling me not to worry.. that it'll go...but..

I'm worrying I have cancer in my mouth. :(
I'm going to go to the dentist this week if I can get an appointment.. can anyone relate to this at all. I'm 50% convinced its nothing but I don't know what else it could be. :(

dewey
13-01-13, 20:34
you wrote this six years ago... hopefully it wasn't the cancer suggestion. My wife just passed away in Sept and it wasn't fun. If you are still signed up for these posts,, let me know.. thanks.. dewey

spacebunnyx
14-01-13, 18:51
Dewey, I don't understand your post...

Anxious_gal
14-01-13, 22:19
Sorry your CBT isn't helping much.
I don't think you can get a reaction to touching antibiotics but I understand why you panicked, phobias don't respond always to being rational.

I really don't think the lump is related, if the gums or teeth aren't sore it's more than likely a harmless lump.
they are lumps, non cancerous that you can get in your mouth