PDA

View Full Version : Hello, and a question...

Hellsbells1977
13-01-13, 19:16
Evening all!

Just registered today, but have been reading the forum posts for a while now.. I have been struggling with possible HA for a few months now.. feel like I'm annoying the doc's with my almost weekly visits! I have my first CBT session this Friday, I hope it helps :)

I've been experiencing a few different symptoms, mainly irritation in my armpits (mainly my right, but occasionally in the left), I also get pains across my shoulder blades and down my sides.. (feels like all my muscles have tensed up)... I've noticed that I only get the pains in my shoulder etc when I haven't slept well, does anyone else get these symptoms? I've been very anxious over the weekend culminating in the back/shoulder pain/ache last night.. which went away when I took Diazapam.. I really don't know whether I imagine the pains sometimes? Does anyone else feel the same? Should I ask the doc's for a blood test to make sure?

Sorry for all the questions..! Hope someone can shed some light on what is going on in my head! lol.

H :D

cattia
13-01-13, 19:31
When I am anxious I really often wake up with a dead arm and pains on one side of my body, usually in my arm, rib cage and hip. I don't know why but it must be something to do with tensing up. It's been bad lately as my anxiety has been pretty out of control.

almamatters
13-01-13, 19:36
Hello and welcome to the forum. I annoy my GP with weekly visits too and one of my symptoms is pain left arm shoulder blade and collar bone, I have had loads of tests and nothing has ever shown up.
GP has said it is anxiety and stress and I am a very very tense person and this is manifesting in my muscles and bones. I also have bad posture and have been told this also can cause problems in this area.
Hope you find the forum as helpful as I do.

Hellsbells1977
13-01-13, 20:06
Thanks for the replies... I sometimes think my pains may be down to bad posture... (I always lean on my right side when on the computer.. and the aches etc seemed to appear after my desk was moved at work..). Hopefully the CBT sessions will help me make sense of what is going on, still doesn't stop us thinking the worst! does it?!:D