PDA

View Full Version : Since my first panic attack 2 weeks ago....

jamie177
13-01-13, 21:55
which I think was caused just because of a super buys month, since then I have relaxed a lot, have a super happy life and decided to cut down on a lot. I don't really have fear that I will get a panic attack again and I don't have health scare either, I think for me it was an isolated incident from me doing too much. So how come my body is not bouncing back and is still nervous. I have faced my issue and decided I wont do too much anymore. I am not depressed either. But my chest pressure is the only thing that I wake up to worrying about every morning because it doesn't subside.

Dazza123
13-01-13, 23:12
I have gastroesophageal disease, this causes me pain and pressure quite often in my chest, Is it possible you have this?

If not, then although you say everything is great, you are relaxing, destressing, etc, this is your 3rd or 4th post now about the same thing, so it's clearly still on your mind and giving you some concern, so it's still possible that subconsciously you are still worrying. If you weren't you wouldn't still be looking for an answer to a problem that has gone away would you?

If there is definitely no physical problem Jamie, all you can do is forget about it and move on, or go back to your doctor, there is no other option I don't think.

jamie177
14-01-13, 00:20
Yes, it's on my mind because its still there! I'm wondering if I'm stressing less and not doing as much, why would I still feel the chest pressure, of course it's on my mind if its there 24/7

Dazza123
14-01-13, 09:25
I think, even if there is a 1% part of you thats still worrying then it will affect you because the initial event shocked you, a first panic attack is awful, and shocking, and not easy to get over. I think the only thing that will help you is time, you will start to forget it as you get on with your life, it will become less important to you that it happened, and you will just get on with things. But, if it doesnt, then as I said, maybe you need to be checked for possible stomach issues, like I said, I have a stomach problem, which causes excess acid, and also the valve at the top of my stomach doesnt close, so I get pain, and severe pressure in my chest quite often, caused by rising stomach acid, I dont get indegestion, or heartburn, I just get pain and pressure. Or, what if you have somehow pulled a muscle in your chest? That would cause problems for a while. Other than this, I cant think what it could be so cant see what else can you do other than wait it out, or get checked over for other things with your doctor.