PDA

View Full Version : Hormones and anxiety??

Lousicle
13-01-13, 22:40
I'm 2 weeks post pregnancy and over the past few days I've started getting some uncomfortable symptoms.
My panic attacks seem to of returned with a vengeance after I was doing so well keeping them under control, the anxiety I am feeling is just overwhelming. My stomach has been very upset with regular trips to the loo and pains in my stomach before hand.
I've also been REALLY cold like getting chills :(
Plus (sorry for this tmi) my breasts have started leaking... It's hasn't happened before and I am bottle feeding.

My question really is can hormones be the cause of these symptoms and the cause of my anxiety being so high?
Is there anything I can ask the doctor for to help with the anxiety? My doctor doesn't like giving me meds but I really do feel that I need it I've tried without. I'm currently on 25mg amitriptyline which she was considering upping the dose because my midwife suspected i was developing PostNatalDepression but I'm not even sure if that was just baby blues or what?

I really just don't feel that my doctor listens to me, she basically just tells me to pull myself together and suck it up for my baby's sake which makes me feel even worse! How can I get through to her?

Sorry for massive post I'm just desperate to sort this out!
Thanks in advance for reading