PDA

View Full Version : Odd neck sensation - feels hard to breath

twinflame94
14-01-13, 01:56
So today, all day I've been feeling really run down. This afternoon I woke up with a sensation of something in my throat, but it subsided after a few minutes and me trying not to panic and drinking some milk. Then I had the right side of the back of my neck killing me at the base of my head, which gave me a terrible headache on the right side as well. Thankfully I had Icy Hot gel with me! It went away after a while..

But now the [right side] base of my head hurts only, but in my throat, it feels like it's hard to breath. I've been relaxing and eating but now it feels hard to breath in my throat. Idk if my neck had tightened? But it's really uncomfortable. I do smoke, but not cigs. But I haven't smoked since last night.

I'm not sure? Some help would greatly be appreciated, especially if I'm not the only one experiencing this.

Also, I have this one spot on my stomach right in between the bottom of my ribs, this one part on the skin feels extra sensitive and it hurts to the touch. Anyone know what that could be from also? :L

---------- Post added at 01:56 ---------- Previous post was at 00:18 ----------

Anyone??

twinflame94
14-01-13, 16:38
Some replies would be nice. Views won't help me in any way..

paula lynne
14-01-13, 16:46
Hi x I dont know your history, but one possible cause could be muscle tension in your neck, and this would cause a headache....try a hot water bottle on your neck?
I cant comment on your throat Im sorry, except to say, milk will coat your throat, drinking water is better, and also try making a concious effort to breathe through your nose for a bit?

I think when we feel run down, our anxious thoughts come to the forefront of our thinking, and it kinda ruins our day.....switch off, go and do something like read or play some music and take your mind off things for a while.

As for the spot, that could be anything. Stop prodding and poking it for a start, maybe some calamine lotion could help, have you changed washing powder, or do you have a pet? Are you taking meds? Just leave it alone x

Im sure its no consilation for me to tell you I have had a headache in the same place since last July, every day, neck and head throb, always in the same place. Heat really helps. Excuse my spelling, Im wearing my husbands glasses. I got a new pillow too, and thats been a help x

PanchoGoz
14-01-13, 18:46
Sounds like globus histericus with some neck and scalp tension.
Not all threads get answered without a couple of polite bumps and some threads don't get answered at all.