PDA

View Full Version : Night sweats not related to meds?

justbananas
13-01-13, 23:53
Hey guys! I haven't been around in awhile but for the past couple months after returning from a trip to India (so I guess since end of november) I am noticing that I'm having night sweats around a couple times a week.

I am not sure if these are new or if I've maybe had them before but certainly it's the first 'period' of recurring night sweats. I am not sure if they are drenching per se, they certainly feel like a lot of sweat .. and my pillow gets a little wet I have to sometimes flip it and my sheets can even feel a bit damp. I guess it wakes me or else I wake to pee I dunno!

Since India I've gone through ending a living situation with my boyfriend, moving apartments, getting a cold over the holidays etc so I keep putting it down to extreme stress but I am a bit worried obviously:(

has anyone else had this not relating to meds or menopause? I'm 30, female, and just generally going through a lot lately. I don't THINK I have any swollen nodes (trying not to go down that road of prodding too too much) and not really any other problems like weight loss or fatigue. Just a lot of sweating. And I also have some right sided pain in the waist area the past few days which of course is what prompted me to analyze everything else!

thoughts most appreciated!

---------- Post added at 18:53 ---------- Previous post was at 18:52 ----------

I know there's loads of night sweats threads on here but everyone seems to be on meds! I am on wellbutrin (buproprion) but don't think this is caused by it and also have been on that for years now ..

justbananas
14-01-13, 23:54
any thoughts anyone?

this is really starting to freak me out and is causing me to search for lymph nodes which is something I gave up doing years ago!

nomorepanic
15-01-13, 00:16
I get night sweats a lot - always have done. I have a fan on at night even in this weather!

Anxious_gal
15-01-13, 00:20
It's just the time difference, most here are from the UK so are fast asleep now.

It might be due to stress, but also I know if I am more stressed, I dream more and then that in turn causes me to wake up covered in sweat.
Maybe your blankets are just very warm or the rooms warmer than usual?

If have no fever or aren't feeling sick I wouldn't worry too much.
It could be a combination of stress, coming back from India and your body adjusting to the different weather, moving apartments.

I'm not on any meds, but I do tend to sweat more in bed at night when I'm stressed.

Elle-Kay
15-01-13, 00:37
I'm just a year older than you, I'm not on any meds, and I've been having night sweats on and off for a couple of weeks. I've had this before, in fits and starts, and it has usually coincided with periods of stress or upheaval, or this time it started not long after I got over a bad cold.

This time around I've been having a few bad dreams too, but I don't know which comes first - the poor sleep, or the sweating. Either way, having had it before and seen no ill effects from it I'm not worried, and am sure yours will pass too :) You might try a cup of camomile tea before bed, to soothe you.

justbananas
18-01-13, 02:39
aww thanks guys! incidentally i've been ok and sleeping better the last few nights and keeping the room cooler. I of course found lymph nodes and freaked out but having made much progress over the years with my HA, instead of going too far down the rabbit hole I swung by my University health center and had the doc take a look .. normal neck it seems.

so the sweats I am sure in time will pass and I feel better physically just keeping calm about it.

swajj
18-01-13, 04:16
I'm the same as Nicola. I sleep with a fan on every night regardless of whether I'm anxious or not. If I'm particularly anxious I tend to break out in a sweat.

cattia
18-01-13, 11:52
I get night sweats too and have for years. Not drenching but I wake up damp. I have had loads of blood tests and everything always normal.